🖥️ActiveHome Pro > MyHouse Online

Hughesnet and X10 Don't GO There!

(1/3) > >>

cj4:
I have a lakehouse that I purchased $3,000 worth of cams etc for expecting to monitor my place through the internet.  I have Hughesnet Internet because it's all I can get out here.  After giving up 3 yrs ago I decided I needed to get this system up.  Worked for weeks pounding my head into the ground, reading every article on x10, hugesnet sites, Linksys sites etc. trying to figure out why I couldn't connect.  Gave up and even tried Logmein to maybe remote access the computer with AHP on it........NO GO........Hughes obviously is blocking either ports or something but IT WILL NOT WORK, not with AHP or remote access subscriptions.  With that a given, even Iwatch mobile will not work as I see it.

I hope this article will save someone else some time and pain.   You will find articles saying that Hughnet has told people that they are not blocking ports but they are obviously liars or at least don't want to disclose why people can't do this.   I suppose they might help you if you pay them 400-800/ month for a service.  I had the Pro Plus with IP and have been paying them for 3 yrs an extra $10/month for a static IP address which does nothing.   This is my conclusion, if anyone has a better reason or idea, let's hear it please.  I blamed AHP and X10 for having junk software like many others have but that's the reputation they are going to get if they don't educated and pay attention to their customers problems.

dave w:

--- Quote from: cj4 on November 10, 2010, 12:40:31 AM ---I have a lakehouse that I purchased $3,000 worth of cams

I blamed AHP and X10 for having junk software like many others have but that's the reputation they are going to get if they don't educated and pay attention to their customers problems.

--- End quote ---
I am confused reading this. Is your issue with X10 or Hughes?

hawk1:
Have you tried Teamviewer?   Works for me.  They have a personal free version.  I can control anything I want with it.  Here is the link:http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx  Good Luck!

Brandt:
Sounds like you need to do some port forwarding on your router, and get your routers external interface assigned to a free and easy to remember domain name such as ones available from dyndns.org. Usually ISP's do indeed block inbound port 80 (http) unless you're a business customer. The workaround is to use the ssl (https) port 443.

pconroy:

--- Quote from: cj4 on November 10, 2010, 12:40:31 AM ---Gave up and even tried Logmein to maybe remote access the computer with AHP on it........NO GO........Hughes obviously is blocking either ports or something but IT WILL NOT WORK, not with AHP or remote access subscriptions. 
--- End quote ---

I think it's worth debugging.

I'd personally try to get "GoToMyPC.com" up and working as a first step.
GTMPC is Citrix based, and has a huge user community for support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version