Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the latest stable release?  (Read 8623 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: What is the latest stable release?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »

why is it when i go to help and hit update my AHP says that 3.228 is the latest verion and there are no updates available ???? :(
The "check for update" feature hasn't worked since 3.228.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »

I presume you are not using any of the plug-ins.  If 3.228 works for you, keep it. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »

Yes I have "Iwatchout" , "Myhouse online" , "On Alert" , and "Smart Macros" and they "seem" to work ok

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »

why is it when i go to help and hit update my AHP says that 3.228 is the latest verion and there are no updates available ???? :(
It says that on all the builds so far. Just visit the Support site to download the later software.

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »

Is it worth it to update, will i have problems with the update.  The previous version kept crashing win xp, and i had read some where here in the forums to go back to the version i have now when that kept happening

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

Is it worth it to update, will i have problems with the update.  The previous version kept crashing win xp, and i had read some where here in the forums to go back to the version i have now when that kept happening

There was one user (No need to mention his name) who widely reported problems with builds 3.236 and 3.271. His advice, based on his own experience, was to downgrade to 3.204, and then use the automatic upgrade feature to get to 3.228 (the only way to get 3.228 - it wasn't available as a separate download).
Other users reported good results with that suggestion.

However, after having other computer issues, and doing a complete uninstall and reinstall, he was able to get 3.271 (as I recall) working, and has reported that he is also running fine with 3.296, the latest build as of today. (I don't know if he tried each of the builds in between or not).

So, 3.236 might not be as buggy as originally thought, but perhaps it (and 3.271) were prone to issues if there were other undetected file problems on the system.

That user has said that for each upgrade, he does a full uninstall (backing up his AHX files first), and then a full reinstall, and has had no trouble. You may want to try that, as another option.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »

great.  since update button doesn't work, we have to go to x10 software page and sift thru each update ourselves.  OK.  done.  but I missed that new onalertmobile thing and installed it too.  Now AHP won't just open cuz I dont have registration for it and it sticks at that screen and I have to close manually.

Two questions:

1) anyone know how to remove a module like this installed that I don't want w/o uninstalling ALL ahp and starting over?  (not an option!)

2) since a module probably cannot be removed by itself as in #1, I'm stuck with it.  Anyone willing to send me a reg code to make this stupic screen go away?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:43 PM »

Find the file ahp_plugin.xml (it should be in C:\Program files\ActiveHome Pro - or wherever you installed it).
Open the file, and delete the appropriate line for the plugin you want to remove.
Then  you should be able to restart AHP.
If you aren't sure which is the correct line, then try each line one at a time, changing the beginning part ("<plugin") to "<noplugin", and then trying again.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:17:31 AM by Noam »

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »

tnx.  worked.  still shows the mobile crap in 'about' screen on help but does not stop everything and ask for registration anymore.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

great.  since update button doesn't work, we have to go to x10 software page and sift thru each update ourselves. 
And for everyone's future reference, starting with 3.296, you only have to download the main installer. It will update *all* the files it finds for your plug-ins.
The only time you would have to use an individual installer is if it's your first time installing a plug-in.
 :)
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.