Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need small x10 command line utility for cm11a  (Read 4917 times)

joedownloader

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need small x10 command line utility for cm11a
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

I'm looking for a small command line utility to send x10 commands to a cm11a device.  Needs to be able to run under windows 7 and be able to send a dim command to a light module at a specified dim percentage.  Anyone know of something like this?

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: Need small x10 command line utility for cm11a
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »

not for windows...only for linux

Netropy

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:09:05 AM »

There was a file called X10Comm.exe that came with the old versions of Active Home that worked as a command line utility with the CM11A.  Don't know if that would still work with Win7.

With Active Home Pro, there's a file called ahcmd.exe found in Program Files> Common Files > X10 > Common.  I've only used it with the CM15a though and not sure that it works with the CM11A.

Example syntax is:

ahcmd sendplc a1 dim 50

Type ahcmd alone to get a list of other parameters.  There also are PresetDim1 and PresetDim2 variables.

If all you need to do is send and you don't care much as far as error handling, etc., then you probably can just pipe the codes from the command line (or batch file) > COM1. 

joedownloader

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:48:35 AM »

I tried it and unfortunately it does not work.

ErikP

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »

I don't have an ETA, but CM11A support is coming to ActiveHome Pro in the near future.  Once this is implemented a command line app could easily be created using the ActiveHome SDK.  Any existing command line apps to do this built using the SDK should also work once this support goes in as well.

Keep an eye on the ActiveHome Pro history page to see when the update goes live.  http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »

I don't have an ETA, but CM11A support is coming to ActiveHome Pro in the near future.  Once this is implemented a command line app could easily be created using the ActiveHome SDK.  Any existing command line apps to do this built using the SDK should also work once this support goes in as well.

Keep an eye on the ActiveHome Pro history page to see when the update goes live.  http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Will this involve a new driver? What about an update to the SDK?
What about the ability for more logging, and/or to automatically dump the logs using a command line switch (such as: "activehm.exe /l [log file name]" or something like that)?

ErikP

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

Will this involve a new driver?
No.
What about an update to the SDK?
Also in the works.
What about the ability for more logging, and/or to automatically dump the logs using a command line switch
No plans to add this at the moment, but I'll see if I can bundle some of this up with JB's suggestion for a new mobile app to view the Activity Monitor remotely.  I don't think we have any plans to do more logging than we currently are, but if we make a mobile app to build some human readable HTML containing the current log there is no reason we can't just save it out to a file at that point too.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

ErikP:

If you guys keep at this bit of improving the software, I'm going to need some depends. 

#:)

I can't wait to see what you guys do next!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.