Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon Lite Help Setting Up DVR  (Read 9947 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Icon Lite Help Setting Up DVR
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »

Hi seems like this remote really doesn't have dedicated keys for a DVR strange in this day and time. I want to set up some favorites for my parents, for their DVR so what should I choose AVX and program the DVR under auxiliary? just wonder how others have programed their DVR's. Also seems like this one has learning capabilities that's nice but I didn't know you just got stickers I thought you got icons like on the Nstinct but at only 9 bucks I guess I can see why. How do you guys like yours just thought the Favorites would be nice for my parents.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:40:54 PM by tom j »

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Icon Lite Help Setting Up DVR
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »

Guess you could use cable or aux  but just wondering how you guys set this up. Say give me a hand so I can hook this up for my parents. Thanks

Tom j.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: Icon Lite Help Setting Up DVR
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:21:15 PM »

@tomj
I don't have the Lite (don't think many on the forums have bought it yet), so I don't have any specific suggestions. If it's a Cable DVR I would use Cable, otherwise, use AUX. Page 12 of your manual mentions that the VCR controls at the bottom of the remote would be used for the DVR functions.

You may even want to teach it the transport (play, pause, etc) commands from the original DVR remote just in case. If all else fails, call technical support.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.