Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP camera quality and speed  (Read 2341 times)

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
AHP camera quality and speed
« on: November 14, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »

Here's my system:  AHP 3.296, CM15A, XX16A camera. XP running on a P4. 

Finally got the camera working.

1. The image/video is much darker than the actual environment I'm recording.  Is this normal?   

2.  Also, I've turned up the quality and speed to the highest levels, but the video is still a little jerky and delayed.  Is this normal for x10 camers, or could it be limitations of my computer.  Would adding RAM help?  I probably only have 1G now. 

Thanks.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP camera quality and speed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »

Congratulations on getting your camera up and running!

1. The image/video is much darker than the actual environment I'm recording.  Is this normal?   

Could it be your monitor is a bit dark? Have you tried increasing the [monitors] bright level?

2.  Also, I've turned up the quality and speed to the highest levels, but the video is still a little jerky and delayed.  Is this normal for x10 camers, or could it be limitations of my computer.  Would adding RAM help?  I probably only have 1G now. 

The video is suppied at a decent frame rate. The jerkiness is a result of the computer... although a P4 should be fine (I don't know what else is running at the same time, of course). More RAM is always better.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:55:49 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: AHP camera quality and speed
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »

I don't think it's the monitor.  The camera feed is dark on my TV as well.  The camera is certified like new, so that may be the problem.

On my p4, the only active program is AHP.  Maybe I need to add more RAM.  The picture is probably a couple seconds behind real time, and the frame rate is definitely slower.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.