Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problems w/'Invite a Cellphone'...:  (Read 29576 times)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Problems w/'Invite a Cellphone'...:
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »

Hello erikp. I went a head and buckled down when the tech told me i needed to get the upgrade. I installed iwatchmobile pro. After installation i invited my cellphone and i got the text, but it didn't work. I next dropped my firewall and it worked. I could see the cameras and switch between them. Refreshing was slow but it was working. Unfortunately after the default time ran out for the firewall, it came back up and after that i couldn't get anything with it up or down. Only getting 500 error- server disconnected. i have been working with Norton through their forum on allowing the program to run with the firewall up. Is this a problem on your end and would portforwarding preventing it from happening with me again (Server disconnected). :'
Erik would respond but unfortunately he's out sick today  :( -- This looks like it is your Norton firewall stopping anything from working.  I would try rebooting, and then starting AHP with your firewall down and see if you can connect again. 

If it helps, the program you need to allow through your firewall is c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10nets.exe.  This is the program that maintains the web connection for the mobile applications.  If you are having problems, you can close AHP and end this program from task manager and then restart AHP.

X10nets.exe listens on port 8777 for incoming WiFi connections, and makes an outgoing connection to X10's reflector server on port 8775.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »

Today i order the flood cam system on line and i click pay by paypal and it show 500 internal server error ..also it happen with my
ATHP iwathmobile pro ..I think problem with the server .
I check my paypal and it show PAID but i dont get any order# or any confirm order from X10..
Hi The, I have some questions that will help us diagnose your software issue.

1. Which program are you using.  iWatchMobile or iWatchMobile Pro? 
2. Does your software show as registered inside ActiveHome Pro?
2. If you click on the WiFi link from the Invite Cell Phone dialog, does a browser window open with the software running on your compter?
3. What is the exact text of the error message you get?  That will also help diagnose the problem.

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »

Thanks for your reply. After my conversation with Norton they did guide me to allow section. I allowed both files AHP and the x10 exe. I haven't had and opportunity to try it yet. Thanks again.

geeforce

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »

AHP Dev. I moved my comments over to iwatchmobile don't work. I thought the tag suited my problem better.

geeforce

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »

Hello erikp. I went a head and buckled down when the tech told me i needed to get the upgrade. I installed iwatchmobile pro. After installation i invited my cellphone and i got the text, but it didn't work. I next dropped my firewall and it worked. I could see the cameras and switch between them. Refreshing was slow but it was working. Unfortunately after the default time ran out for the firewall, it came back up and after that i couldn't get anything with it up or down. Only getting 500 error- server disconnected. i have been working with Norton through their forum on allowing the program to run with the firewall up. Is this a problem on your end and would portforwarding preventing it from happening with me again (Server disconnected). :'
Erik would respond but unfortunately he's out sick today  :( -- This looks like it is your Norton firewall stopping anything from working.  I would try rebooting, and then starting AHP with your firewall down and see if you can connect again. 

If it helps, the program you need to allow through your firewall is c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10nets.exe.  This is the program that maintains the web connection for the mobile applications.  If you are having problems, you can close AHP and end this program from task manager and then restart AHP.

X10nets.exe listens on port 8777 for incoming WiFi connections, and makes an outgoing connection to X10's reflector server on port 8775.

After reading this report which ports need to be opened in order for me to access it from the internet. When i open the ports should it be 8775 - 8777 and forward to the laptops IP.

ErikP

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

After reading this report which ports need to be opened in order for me to access it from the internet. When i open the ports should it be 8775 - 8777 and forward to the laptops IP.

8777 should be forwarded to your laptop's IP.
8775 should be allowed free access to the internet from your laptop.
The ports in between the two are not currently being used by this software.

geeforce

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 02:35:39 AM »

thank you erikp and the community because of your info it lead my on a path to do portforwarding. I must say first i was using x10's server for a few weeks and life was good but then it stopped connecting for what ever reason I'm not sure. Maybe because of my registration problem with onalertmobile i'm not sure. anyway i started working again on portforwarding and finally got it to work. I hadn't read this thread in a while and already posted my progress on another thread. this is the link there  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22112.0. Maybe they can move it here. I have learned a lot about IT working with this software. Maybe just enough to get in trouble. LOL. Thanks again for the software.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.