Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mobile App - MyGarage - Macro Ideas  (Read 21431 times)

ryonholland

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Mobile App - MyGarage - Macro Ideas
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »

I got the MyGarage up and running and really enjoy it.  However, it only supports 1 door.  I have 2 garage doors and would like the ability to monitor both.  I could set up two UM506's on the same unit code but if both doors are not closed/open at the same time then that will just open one and close the other so I would be back to still having 1 garage door open.  Is there anyone with a macro designed to handle this.  I thought about having the UM506's on separate unit codes and somehow telling AHP to only close the open door by recognizing which sensor is triggered.  then have the signal from the MyGarage mobile app trigger that macro.  I have not done macros before and am trying not to reinvent the wheel.  Any ideas or pre-configured macros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

orcusomega

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Mobile App - MyGarage - Macro Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »

I am in the same boat - I was even told expressly it would support two (grrrrrr) B:(

To expand on your idea, here is what I have been thinking - and I am not sure if this is possible, since I can't get mine working properly with the one garage yet..  Something like having either sensor if open sets a flag - you won't know WHICH in the MyGarage interface, but you will know one is open.  then the "garage toggle" button will trigger the UM506 for whichever is showing open?

Just a thought, but I'd love to figure it out!

Bob

ryonholland

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »

I will work on it this weekend sometime.  I think as long as we can see that one of the doors is open and be able to close that door only without the other opening, that would be sufficient.  We can use ActivePhone and iWatchmobile to really see what is going on in the garage if we want to.  I will let you know what I come up with and we can share ideas to get the most efficient solution.  Thanks.

richwashko

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »

Hi guys my first post here.  I have had a ds7000 security system for years.  Even put in a few for family/friends after they seen it.  Works great.  Well bought the Mygarage Pro and its my first endeavor into AHP.  Here's my problem.  It seems the ds10 door sensor is too far away from the cm19a to get a signal to show the door open or closed.  It opens and closed the door, just have no status on it.  Been reading a little and it seems I need a sr731 which is no longer made.  Need to take security signal from garage down to basement to computer so cm19a can pick it up.  Looking for solution to this other than ordering a cm15a and modifying it (seems results for security sensors are hit and miss with this).

Also when i invited my cell phone the wifi works but the 3g link gets a no server found.  Has anyone had any luck from phone when off the local wifi?

richwashko

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »

For the two garage doors I wonder if there is a way to have two installations of the web browser app on the phone, Garage door 1 and Garage door 2.

Not sure how to get AHP to recognize which browser app in running though to signal the correct door.

ryonholland

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »

I use a range extender and phase coupler. Since I installed those I have no more signal problems.  I have a 2 story home with a basement (3 floors total) and everything works no matter where I am. I can use my controllers out in the street or in the yard about 50 feed from the home no problem.  I found my SR731 on eBay. The phase coupler will help intermittent problems where sometimes the signal works and sometimes it doesn't.  It repeats the signal to the other phase of wiring (most homes have 2 or more phases).  You could also try an additional TM571 Transponder to pick up the signals if you can't find an RF Extender.

Regarding the cell phone issue, I don't use the link they give me.  Instead I used port-forwarding in my router and just connect to my public IP address.  You can see what your IP address is by going to www.ipchicken.com.  Then add :8777/garage to the end of that.  You will need to go into your router and forward the port 8777 (TCP and UDP) to your computers local IP address.  Should be 192.168.1.?.  So basically in my phone I use http://##.###.##.##:8777/garage and I connect every time.  You need to make sure your network is stable though.  This is much more reliable than the link through x10 servers.  Let me know if you have more questions.

richwashko

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »

ryon

Thanks for the input i think i will just set up port forwarding since i will need it for on alert which i have not set up yet.  Like you said probably more reliable.

As far as the extenders i have been playing and researching and the tm751 apparently has nothing to do with the door/ motion sensors since they are not technically on the house code.  I has two set up in experimenting (tm751) before I did some research.  All remotes/ lights and security remotes have great distance for me to the ds7000.  Apparently the door/motion  sensors never make it to the power lines (tm751 ignores those rf commands).  It is picked up by the antenna on the ds7000 or in this case I am trying to get it down to the cm19a.  With the crappy antenna on the cm19a it just doesn't pick up the signal.  I put a ds7000 next to the cm19a and the security console got the signals fine but nothing on the cm19a.  If I put the sensor 7 feet away the cm19a gets it.   

I guess my easiest solution is to look for a sr731 on ebay,  if I can't find one I may just extend the wire from the magnet switch on the garage door and put the door sensor next to the computer in the basement.  Unless I am wrong on my understanding of the door sensors. 

Oh well the 5 minute or less setup is almost done ;D

Thanks

ryonholland

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 02:21:55 AM »

I got it working to control 2 doors with the MyGarage Mobile App.  This way, I can close them accordingly.  The only part I can't figure out is how to link a DS10A to both doors to show the red/green light in the MyGarage Mobile App.  I don't care which door it is telling me that is open, I just want to know that one/both are open or that both are closed.  Let me know if you have any ideas on this.

These are my modules and sensors:
UM506 Universal Module for Door 1 = A14 (Labeled Door 1 Module)
UM506 Universal Module for Door 2 = A15 (Labeled Door 2 Module)
FAKE/GHOST UM506 = B1 (Labeled MyGarage Module)
DS10A Door Sensor on Door 1 = (Labeled Door 1)
DS10A Door Sensor on Door 2 = (Labeled Door 2)

MyGarage Mobile app is setup to control the B1 (ghost) Module.

Here is how I did the Macro (you need to put SmartMacros in advanced mode for this - See Preferences)  I added the delays so that each macro would run a few seconds after the last one.  Not sure if it helped or not but it seemed more consistent after I did that.

B1 ON and with the following conditions:  (This closes only door 1 because door 2 is already closed)
        If Door 1 is open AND Door 2 is closed
        Delay 1 second
        Turn on A14
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn off A14
ELSE
B1 ON and with the following conditions: (This closes only Door 2 because door 1 is already closed)
        If Door 1 is closed AND Door 2 is open
        Delay 3 seconds
        Turn on A15
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn off A15
ELSE
B1 ON and with the following conditions: (this closes both doors that are open)
        If Door 1 is open AND Door 2 is open
        Delay 5 seconds
        Turn on A15
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn off A15
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn on A14
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn off A14
ELSE
B1 ON and with the following conditions:  (This opens only door 1 when both are closed) I did it like this so I could open only door 1 when both are closed.  There really isn't a way to say which to open with the MyGarage Mobile app so i figured door 1 would be better since that is where I park the cars.
        If Door 1 is closed AND Door 2 is closed
        Delay 7 seconds
        Turn on A14
        Delay 3 Seconds
        Turn off A14

ryonholland

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »

I got it figured out.  I added a 3rd DS10A and put 2 switches on it.  I named this one "MyGarage Sensor."  One switch on each door.  http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Adding_A_Switch_To_A_Door_Sensor.  I put them on opposite sides of each door to avoid the MyGarage switch from passing by the Garage1/Garage 2 switch and creating a closed signal as doors open.

I then setup MyGarage plugin to detect the MyGarage Sensor.  Now I get a red light on my MyGarage Mobile App if either door is open.  Then with the macro I used earlier, I can close whichever door is open.

Pretty sweeeeet!!  Now next week they will probably come out with an update to the plugin that controls 2 doors.   B:(

ryonholland

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »

Well. That doesn't work as well as I thought.  Only about 10% of the time.  The problem with having 2 DS10A's on the same door is that when it opens, both signals are sent at the exact same time and activehome doesn't read them correctly.  When I remove the MyGarage sensor (see my post), and each door just has one sensor, AHP reads the trigger and closing perfectly.  But when you mix 2 of them at the same time, it gets screwed up.

So I am back to just being able to close both, but I can't see if they are open or not using the MyGarage Mobile App.  They need to change the software to allow the mobile app to read ANY type of sensor/module.  Then I could use a magnetic switch and a PowerFlash interface for the MyGarage Sensor and all would be good.  Or they just need to have the software monitor 2 doors seperately.  Any thoughts or feedback as to something I might be missing would be awesome.

Thanks.

orcusomega

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »

So here is a question for you, why does the sensor need to be closed?  This is a TOTALLY untested idea BTW :)

Have the double sensor show the state of the two doors with the contacts in series like you have (had) them, and place them on the door towards the bottom between the door and the door jam.

Have another sensor on each door with the contact at the top of the door, but the sensor farther upon the track itself (one on each door track)  This way, when the garage is closed, the compound sensor shows to My Garage that they are both closed.

Example:

When both garage doors are closed, OnAlert sees
  • "MyGarage Module" as CLOSED.
  • Door 1 is OPEN
  • Door 2 is OPEN

When the first garage door is triggered,  the MyGarage Module will read open, and the contact at the top of the door on the track will read closed.  Run your "Close the door" macro against any door where the "Door X" contact is closed.

This will not help you if the door is 1/2 open, but you COULD say if MyGarage is OPEN and Door 1 is NOT closed, trip the garage and then that SHOULD push the door to go up or down, and one of the contacts will show a change in status...

This help?

Bob

oibctl

Re: Mobile App - MyGarage - Macro Ideas Need Help
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »

Hey guys, I have had AHP for some time and just bought the activephone pro for my iphone.  I had a universal module and connected in parallel to the button that activates my garage door.  I was able to open and close the door with my iphone....cool!  but I noted that once open, pressing the "off" button did not close the door, it took a third push of the button to do so....this makes sense as the contacts need to "close" again.  So I decided a macro was in order.  I set one up to send another signal so the next time I pressed the button, it would close.  For some reason, the delay along with the  second command caused my garage door to go beyond it upper level and it started smoking...pretty funny that I could toast my garage door opener with my iphone!  In any event, I am looking for a solution.... I am thinking a separate app, mygarage is a bit duplication any thoughts on a solution?  Thanks!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.