Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1709 times)

jarleifv

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« on: November 18, 2010, 04:26:45 PM »

Hi guys! I've been roaming the forums for a while and decided to take the leap into the HA world.
I'm not a stranger to programming, networking or computers since I'm in the IT industry and have been for over 10 years.

I bought the CM15a, smart macro, on alert, the online module and iwatch, ph508, some ds10a, some ms10a, a few ws12a along with the xpcp (even though I found that if i move the cm15a closer to the panel I can actually reach the other leg..i figured it was a borderline situation..). I also picked up some kr19 remotes.
I'm able to control the switches and trigger macros and stuff from the ds10a's as well as the ms10 sensor and the remotes.

here's what I'm trying to accomplish in the short term.

- Turn outside lights on at dark, and off in the morning after day break. Figured I could do that pretty easy with timers.

- If the status is armed (home or away) I want all lights to blink and the ph508 to go off if one of the door/window sensors are tripped.
- If the status is armed away i want lights to turn off and on at random throughout the house

- if bathroom door is opened -> ceiling lights on  (Bathroom lights at different dim level based on time of day.)
-   if toilet seat opened -> fan on
-   when toilet seat is down -> fan off in 15min's
-   if motion in shower don't shut off light or fan
-   shut lights off X minutes after no motion in bathroom or shower
-   shut fan off Y minutes after no motion in bathroom or shower

- Gradual wakeup with lights in the morning at predefined times. Flashing lights at end of cycle until wakeup and somehow acknowledge wakeup to stop macro.

- dimmed lighting in stairs and dining room for middle of night bathroom visits based on movement - shut off same lights after X minutes of no motion.

Those are some of my early plans. I've been roaming around in the macros section of the forum and have some ideas, but not sure how to do the delayed shut off after X minutes of no motion...what happens if i open the door, then close it and open it again..will that trigger the same macro twice?  I figured i'd trigger flags with the motion sensor and run conditions on lights off based on set flag, but not sure how that would work yet...

thanks guys!

:D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.