Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need 3 wireless cameras and something to record  (Read 8570 times)

sinzz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need 3 wireless cameras and something to record
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:17:03 AM »

Need 3 wireless cameras and something to record evidence. What is the best i need the cameras to go outside but will be covered under gutters but some rain and snow will hit them.Please gimme opinion's... thanks all.. this is confusing all this stuff ? Please help -:)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Need 3 wireless cameras and something to record
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:54:37 AM »

Do you have AC power where you want the setup?
In your other inquiry. It was indicated you had no AC power in a shed.
X10 does not have any totally battery operated cameras.
The optional camera battery supply lasts four hours and only one camera can be on as with batteries there is no camera switching.

Others here have run a camera on a +12 volt supply or batteries recharging on a solar panel.
More than one is the problem as the wireless signals from one would interfere with any other ones on at the sametime.

If the locations can have AC power available then three cameras could be done.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:18:22 AM by Brian H »

sinzz

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

Yes, I have AC power the cameras are for my home. The shed i have is about 30 foot from my home no ac power.But i would need some kind of back up power because most robbers are going to cut the phone lines and electricity to the home. Any suggestions? ???

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »

Yes, I have AC power the cameras are for my home. The shed i have is about 30 foot from my home no ac power.But i would need some kind of back up power because most robbers are going to cut the phone lines and electricity to the home. Any suggestions? ???

Robbers won't cut power lines, the 220 volt feed will kill them  Phone lines maybe, most robbers will just break a window and take anything they think is valuable, mostly TVs any electrical items like laptops and any jewelry they find. They like to get in and out fast since the longer they stay, the more chance of the cops showing up.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sinzz

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »

Where i live the law and court system is a joke!! Your luckie to get the law to come out .They will but its like hours later. There is no justice here :-\ and I live in eastern Kentucky . And on my power there is a box runs down the pole and u can flip it off on it there is a lock on it but it b easy cut. I don't have any neighbors i am a easy target.

But back to the point 3 or 4 cameras will b enough and something to record video the cameras need to b weather prove anY suggestions ..  >!

Happy Holidays

sinzz

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

Robbers won't cut power lines, the 220 volt feed will kill them  Phone lines maybe, most robbers will just break a window and take anything they think is valuable, mostly TVs any electrical items like laptops and any jewelry they find. They like to get in and out fast since the longer they stay, the more chance of the cops showing up.
Thanks for the reply ..

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »

But back to the point 3 or 4 cameras will b enough and something to record video the cameras need to b weather prove anY suggestions ..  >!
One point which is not explicitly clear on the X10 camera information. With the wireless cameras only one camera can be on at a time.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

sinzz

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »

>! Dave,what do u suggest?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

Technically you can have more than one wireless camera on, but two or more cameras can not transmit on the same frequency. So you need a seperate receiver for each camera you want ON at the same time...and you can still get interference.

For multple live feeds is best to have wired cameras and a "quad processor" (Ebay cheap) which will put up to four images on the monitor. If using computer for the images, then you need a multiple input video board.

When using multiple wireless cameras, X10 system has only one camera working, by switching OFF all the camera power supplies except the desired camera (Scan Pad remote or Vangard/AHP accomplishes this feat).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:50:02 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »

This is way out...hope it's not too overwhelming an idea:
The fourth 'shed-cam' could be powered, as Brian eluded to, by a battery system with a large enough battery to last
a few days. Charging it is another issue. However, if your three cameras are set up to send their video/audio on
channel A, you could set the shed-cam to channel D, for example, and have an X10 sender/receiver pair just inside
the home pick up the signal on channel D and send it back out on channel A to get that video to your primary receiver.
You'd need to have the sender/receiver pair powered by an X10 controllable module such as an AM466.
You would then create a macro to shutdown the three house-cams and turn on the AM466 so it would repeat the
incoming audio/video stream to channel A.
Yes, the shed-cam would be sending audio/video continuously but being outside and 30' away from the primary
receiver, it likely would not override the three house cams. If it does, the shed-cam's antenna could be shifted away from
the primary receiver to minimize potiential interference when any of the other three are transmitting.
I hate to use the word scam having been recently spanked  :) but that's kinda what this solution is.
This is the 50,000' view.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:47:50 PM by troll334 »
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

sinzz

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 07:35:56 AM »

OK can u give me the link to the cameras?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.