Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remote chime as additional armed chime  (Read 11161 times)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Remote chime as additional armed chime
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »

Is it possible to use the remote chime (sc546a) as an additional arm/disarm chime on the ps561?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Remote chime as additional armed chime
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

I would think you could use AHP with OnAlert and map your security remote.
Use a security macro to set off your chime module when AHP see your remotes arm command.

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »

I should have mentioned, I'm not using AHP. I only have the security system.

I've seen the posts that talk about watching the light flash when the system is armed, or using a floodlight. But I wanted something additional to know when the system is disarmed. I just installed the system last night and this morning my daughter left for work. She disarmed the system, went out and rearmed the system with the keychain remote. She needed to come back in for something, pressed the disarm but didn't know if the system was disarmed. Well, it wasn't and she woke the whole house up at 4:30 this morning.

So it would be really nice to have an audible or visual confirmation that can be heard or seen from the outside.

BTW, we want the system to be instant. For details I do not want to mention, my youngest daughter had a tramadic event happen to her which is why we got the system. She couldn't sleep at night because she swore the front door was opening several times a night. Last night was the first good night sleep she had for weeks. Till the false alarm at 4:30.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »

Don't know the X10 security stuff but is it possible to integrate a socket rocket somehow? I put one in my front porch
light. When I activate my little AHP security macro, the have the socket rocket toggle on/off twice so I know it took.
I know you don't have AHP but maybe the security console sends a PLC when armed/disarmed.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

J.B.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:29 PM »

I have several outdoor lights that flash on and off when the system is armed, but it does not do this when disarmed.
Plugging in a chime module set to the base units house and unit code, it does go off when I arm the system, but I'm not sure without AHP/OnAlert how you might send a signal for a disarm command.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:19:12 PM »

Is it possible to use the remote chime (sc546a) as an additional arm/disarm chime on the ps561?
No. Based on your last post, you are looking for the chime when disarmed. The PS561/DS7000 does not send out any powerline codes (what sets off the chime) upon disarm.

What you want,  could be "hacked" into the PS561. It would void any warrenty, but you would essentially use the Armed LED to trigger an X10 Power Flash to turn on an external light indicating the system is armed. If interested in pursuing this I can get more detailed, however somewhere in the archives there is a post for extending the "ARM" indicator to a remote location. As I recall the mod was a remote LED hardwired to the PS561.

Found it:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=12761.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:23:52 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »

What you want,  could be "hacked" into the PS561. It would void any warrenty, but you would essentially use the Armed LED to trigger an X10 Power Flash to turn on an external light indicating the system is armed. If interested in pursuing this I can get more detailed, however somewhere in the archives there is a post for extending the "ARM" indicator to a remote location. As I recall the mod was a remote LED hardwired to the PS561.

I thought about that, wasn't sure how to do it. How hard would it be?

From the other replies, if it can be done with AHP, guess now would be a good time to get the promo on AHP with the interface for $30.

troll334

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »

Hmmm, how's this:
Your keychain remote is R.F. and is sending a signal to the security console. Now I wonder if you could get
a simple TM751 or RR501, set it to the same HC/UC to which the keychain remote is set. Then when you arm, the TM751
could send the PLC to a socket rocket....when disarmed, the TM751 would send to PLC Off to the rocket.
here's hoping anyway :)

Edit: Sorry, for this application, better to use the RR501 instead of the TM751...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:31:30 PM by troll334 »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

Hmmm, how's this:
Your keychain remote is R.F. and is sending a signal to the security console. Now I wonder if you could get
a simple TM751 or RR501, set it to the same HC/UC to which the keychain remote is set. Then when you arm, the TM751
could send the PLC to a socket rocket....when disarmed, the TM751 would send to PLC Off to the rocket.
here's hoping anyway :)

Edit: Sorry, for this application, better to use the RR501 instead of the TM751...

Good idea, but the X10 secuity RF signal has completely different coding. The TM751 and RR501 are oblivious to the Securty System remotes, sensors, and motion detector's  RF signals.

J.B.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »

From the other replies, if it can be done with AHP, guess now would be a good time to get the promo on AHP with the interface for $30.

If you go this route, you will want to ensure the kit includes the OnAlert plug-in.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 02:58:39 PM »

.... I wonder if you could get a simple TM751 or RR501, set it to the same HC/UC to which the keychain remote is set. Then when you arm, the TM751 could send the PLC to a socket rocket....when disarmed, the TM751 would send to PLC Off to the rocket.

No... its like dave w states "The PS561/DS7000 does not send out any powerline codes (what sets off the chime) upon disarm." I use a chime set to my console H/U address at a location [where I can't hear the console's chime] to remind me I've trigger the alarm. But that's ALL it does.

No.
...... What you want,  could be "hacked"..... there is a post for extending the "ARM" indicator to a remote location. As I recall the mod was a remote LED hardwired to the PS561.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=12761.0

If you do use Puck's remote light hack... you could then use an "eye' sensor hack that allows the LED to trigger the photo sensor of an active eye motion sensor. Sending a RF on/off signal.

Or... you could use a $3 yard sale baby monitor fix With the sending unit (baby side) at the console and the listening unit at your desired location. Then you can hear the consoles chime.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:03:28 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

troll334

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »

Okay, I'm out :)
Thanks for handling that nicely Dave W. My ignorance shines. I do have to say though, it is obvious that
engineering, marketing, and the bean-counters at X10 must have gotten together on that one :) Gotta buy more
'stuff'.  rofl

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

Or... you could use a $2 yard sale baby monitor with the sending unit (baby side) at the console and the listening unit at your desired location. Then you can hear the consoles chime.

I just finished reading that post. Funny but effective.

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »

If you go this route, you will want to ensure the kit includes the OnAlert plug-in.

$50 and I get all plugins plus some modules. Not a bad deal. And I wouldn't need to void my warranty either.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »

Okay, I'm out :)
Thanks for handling that nicely Dave W. My ignorance shines. I do have to say though, it is obvious that
engineering, marketing, and the bean-counters at X10 must have gotten together on that one :) Gotta buy more
'stuff'.  rofl

No ignorance. It was a great idea. You are right. Obviously X10 Marketing / bean counters saw it coming.   ;)

In fairness to X10;  it would have created problems to allow security sensors and X10 RF remote controls to use the same protocols.

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.