Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote chime as additional armed chime  (Read 11160 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Remote chime as additional armed chime
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »

From the other replies, if it can be done with AHP, guess now would be a good time to get the promo on AHP with the interface for $30.

$50 and I get all plugins plus some modules. Not a bad deal. And I wouldn't need to void my warranty either.

The CM15A interface will need to connected to a running computer any time you wish to use the OnAlert part of the AHP software. Generally that means running a PC 24/7. I do that with my Home Automation PC setup... and what it allows me to do is really pretty awesome. Some people worry about the small amount of electric used running a PC 24/7.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:36:02 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »

The CM15A interface will need to connected to a running computer any time you wish to use the OnAlert part of the AHP software. Generally that means running a PC 24/7. I do that with my Home Automation PC setup... and what it allows me to do is really pretty awesome.

I have way too many computers in the house and they all run 24/7. I think I will put this software on my jukebox that has a touchscreen.

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »

I have way too many computers in the house and they all run 24/7. I think I will put this software on my jukebox that has a touchscreen.

Well.... you should check out my BVC fan Page.

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »

Well.... you should check out my BVC fan Page.

Wow, cool stuff. And my wife calls me a geek now. Wonder what she would call me with that?

Guess I could program the system to respond to the word geek and start playing havoc by flashing all the lights on and off..... rofl

HA Dave

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »

Wow, cool stuff. And my wife calls me a geek now.

Bill has a free trial download at his Site. Of course... read and follow directions (no safety glasses required!)
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.