Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4  (Read 39061 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

Do you have any other data on the siren? Like what voltage it runs on and if the specification sheets indicated it is a stand alone unit.
Can you get details on it like a model number?
Your description could also be a large siren speaker. That is driven by some external siren electronics.

They do make 12 volt and 120 volt all in one sirens.
The connection diagram does show both types as options.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:34:30 PM by Brian H »

dwp

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »

there are all types i wood saggest one with a built in siren driver like a car siren,it depends, you could just buy one from e-bay or just hit yard sales,simple is better like one that is 120v AC with built in siren driver no need for a transformer or external driver board. most are 12v with built in driver. but one that is 120v ac and built in driver means you only have to mount-it plug it in and your ready to go.

if you see some transformers at yard sells or thift stores that are suitible & cheep than pick um up and take advantage
of the car sirens there cheep at yard sells & e-bay about 10 bucks. good sirens from alarm stores about 40 to 50 bucks. you could just buy a driver board and run the horns, i try to take advantage of what i can find cheep and make it work. good used stuff is good in my book. money is tight right now.

thift stores are good i picked up 2 transformers 1 was 1.2 amp & the other was 1.5 amps for 1 dollar each. some car sirens to for 2 dollars each. & i got one for my key-pad that white one is 9v 200ma for a dollar.

here was a good scrounge my neighbor got mad one day and smashed his lap top and through it off his deck into the woods a couple days later after he moved i went and got it ,and got  a 14.5 volt transformer a 250 gig 2.5 sata harddrive and 4 gigs of memory and it all works,the hard drive is in a external incloser usb and i use it on my lap top.  thank you !!

about 120db's is about the loudest you can find for reasonable money.
i went with the bells becouse they where 20 to 25 dollars brand new & 120v ac & 110 db's, & i didn't have to scrounge transformers.  when you need them you can't find them,and when you don't need them there all over the place.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:26:42 AM by dwp »

dwp

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »

the wail is built-in to the driver board,if that board supports that feacher. it's ether contenuest , wail or both.

when you have your set up complete please post your reveiw here please,Thank you
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:37:02 PM by dwp »

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »

Dan - I know this topic is relatively old (!?), but I had to give you another helpful.  Just put your assembly together and it works like a charm.  I use the "relay outlet" to drive a 12 volt power supply and an Elk-150TR siren and strobe.  A good 4-minute alert !  Thanks......

kynovanut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 02:42:09 AM »

I haven't been on this site in quite a while.  This thread was extremly helpful though.  I got mine finished a good while back.  I ended up using a 120v mechanical siren (ebay item).  It's awesome!  Sounds like a old fire truck when it goes off.
Thanks again for a very helpful thread.

tomjonesrocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »

Man--this is exactly what I need but even with the directions I am not inclined enough with electronics to build this.

I wish someone would start selling these on eBay or something pre-made...   anyone want to make and sell me one?   >!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.