Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4  (Read 39084 times)

dwp

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • Facebook
Re: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »

that will work for a card or a swip tag reader to bypass an entry way or disarm your system, i don't like carrying extra stuff so mine is going to be a keypad,iam waitting on 3 components 2 caps and a resister and i can put my key pad togetter i will post pics on that one,
i had all the other stuff laying around ,had the lock ic's sence the 90's i have them in sirfacemount to for remotes, a lock out on the remote like the cell phones used to be wood be nice.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:32:31 PM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »

that is whats good about being an electronic experimentor, if your used to putting the kit boards together and adding them to things then this stuff is right up your alley  -:)

kynovanut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »

First of all may I say  :)+ and  #:)

This along with your keypad mod is exactly what I want to do with my system.

I do have a question however.  I have a large power horn that i opted for in my kit.  I wanted to use this instead of the mini power horn if possible.  But I notice that the large powerhorn is on and off intermittantly every few seconds. 
I planned to run a super loud 100w siren like off an ambulance or firetruck.  However with it being on / off / on /  off    I don't think it will get power long enough to spool up to get the full effect.

Does the mini power horn operate the same way?  Or does it remain on till you disarm the system?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:49 PM »

Both the PH508A and SH10A Powerhorns are triggered by a one second cycle of poweline signals.
Either an On Off to its address or an All Lights On All Units Off to the House Code being used.
So both the large PH508 and the small SH10A are triggered the same.
The only added feature with the SH10A is if you send it a single On to its address and then a dim or bright it will ding or dong.

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 10:52:37 PM »

ya you can use the larger power horn, it will not matter with the relay it will power anything if you hook it up right.

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »

this is the first box it's in the atic.  you could just plug a breaker strip in to the outlet.
i used the mini power horn becouse it is smaller the bigger one will make the box tip. and the mini is cheaper on e-bay like 6 - 8 bucks plus i didn't wont to void my warenty on my big one's.so i have 2 big horns 1 on each level & the external bell. i will add more later as i get them on sell. it is a mater of just plugging them in and mounting them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:36:05 PM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »

6" system sensor,120v Alarm Bell. mounted on the 3rd floor    e-bay $20.00
the board is covering the atic vent & the wires run through the vent,it's cold here so don't need the ventelation.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:13:12 AM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »

Up-Date

i noticed when you are turnning on lights with the master control the bell will go on & then off for a few sec's, not all the time just once in a wile when you are pressing all the light buttons, i think if you set the unit code to a un-used code shud do the trick but keep the same house code as the consol.

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »

this Bell is about 110 db's,it's load enough that my neabors can here it if they are listning. the 10" bells are less db's. i live on 3/4 arces land in the mountians so neabors are far-away.it's hard to find really load sirens & bells they are expensive i mean 1000.00 to 2500.00 dollars.these are like cove-in type sirens or plant type sirens. car sirens are load but a car battery puts 10 to 12 amps to these sirens.so it's hard to find transformers that put out this kind of amps they are very expensive,at the most you will find transformers that put out 1 to 1.5 amps, i haven't tryed my 1.2 amp trans with a siren yet to see how load it is.so my goal is to make enough nois to scare a-way intruders. if you position 2 bells one on eather side of your house and maybe 1 dual tone siren shud be plenty of nois. strobs and flashing lights also get your neabors attention and let police and fire see your house at night. it's all about how much you wont to spend and what you can find at yard & thrift stores. you have to price check the same bell some wonted 50 to 60 bucks plus s/h for and it was only 25.00 plus s/h from the manufacture,i got mine for 20.00 with free shipping brand new on e-bay some on e-bay wont more than it wood cost to buy from the manufacture.

the 2 comman bells are system sensor & potter bells
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:10:21 AM by dwp »

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »

Here is a Diagram to hook up External Bells,Sirens & strobs.

:)+

This looks like an excellent piece of work and I want to become much more familiar with it, but I can't.  The detail on the diagram is much too small for my old eyes.  I tried printing the pic by itself but that didn't help.  I also tried blowing it up but the resolution in the post is too small to allow for that.

If you could save your original drawing as a PDF file and post a link to that it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance. 
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »

The "Elk" web site has some of this diagram.....

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »

Ya i can do that,  send a message to my e-mail and i will send a pdf version to ya. make shure you put x10 Diagram in the subject line so i know it's you or any one that wonts a pdf ver.
you mite try a magnifier hand held.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:21:09 AM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:35 PM »

up-dated Diagram
a little clearer pic with the Diod reversed now only pos pulses, to the pos trigger.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:39:39 PM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »

Has any-one put one of these set-up's to gether yet, wood like to know and get feed back. Dan

iam varry happy with mine, this was made out of nessesity i keep caching kids on my property scopping my house and grouge and they robed my niebors house. i also made my own window stickers and put them on all window and doors, a lot of meth heads here in the mountians.
sence i installed the alarm and window stickers i have not found any one lurking on my property.
i guess they moved on to easyer prey. window sticker paper clear plastic at office depot.

iam shur they have come around and looked in my windows, all my window magnets are clearlly visable,
there is no dout my house is wired !! and i let them know that i have motion & IR sensors. i also have the eagle eye motions in my yard witch turn on porch lights or when iam home send a signal to chimes, so i know when some one is in both my yards or is comming to my door. love thoughs eagle eyes they even tell me when the racons are in my yard trying to get to my trash.

if you have not tryed the eagle eye or any of the 2 wireless motions i highly recomend if you have a larg yard property that has forest bordering your yard, it is funny to see the look on my freinds niebors & the ups guy face when you are allways at the door watching them befor they even get to your door ???  my ups guy thinks i stand by the door all the time :'
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:08:01 PM by dwp »

kynovanut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »

I'm in the process of putting this together.  I got the elk relay off of ebay and used a big powerhorn as a trigger.  I drilled the powerhorn case and installed a headphone jack.  I had a long piece of wire with the male headphone jack on it for the relay trigger.  This will make it really easy for final installation.  It works great, the light on the relay shows it cycling on and off every 5 seconds or so which would be awesome for a siren.  Which leads me to my next question.
Can I get a siren to run(wail) on straight 12v dc voltage?  Or do they all require an amp or controller of some kind?  I have a transformer coming that is supposed to handle up to 120watts.  The siren that I want is a 100watt.  It is an older looking siren, cast housing with a round back(driver?).  This should work, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.