Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Software  (Read 3236 times)

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Software
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »

I just purchased AHP and plugins.  My hardware is in shipment, but I just got the email for the downloads.  Should I download the software now or do I need to have the hardware units CM15A, camera etc. at time of software install??

Also is there a special order when I install the software??

Should AHP be installed before the Smart Macro Software Module or iWatchOut Software Module or myHouse Online Software Module.  Any special order?

Also and i'm sure why but the gave me the Vangard software too.   I'm going to use windows 7 64bit, should I stay with the AHP software.

Sorry for the multiple posts but i did not know where to ask this

thanks

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Software
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

I just purchased AHP and plugins.  My hardware is in shipment, but I just got the email for the downloads.  Should I download the software now or do I need to have the hardware units CM15A, camera etc. at time of software install??

Should AHP be installed before the Smart Macro Software Module or iWatchOut Software Module or myHouse Online Software Module.  Any special order?

Also and i'm sure why but the gave me the Vangard software too.   I'm going to use windows 7 64bit, should I stay with the AHP software.

thanks

1. You should install AHP first, then the plugins.

2. You CAN install the software without the hardware, you'll just get warnings when opening the software if the hardware isn't plugged in.

3. Don't expect to receive a CM15A. X10.com ran out of those, and have been substituting the CM15K, which is a kit made up of the CM19A and a TM751. It is NOT a fair replacement, and the CM19A/TM751 combo cannot do a bunch of things the CM15A can do (like run without the Pc being on all the time).

Gismo

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »

I called x10.  They basically said no more CM15A's.  I don't care what the facebook person says, it's forever.
I think they are not going out of business, just gonna sell more stuff like the new Airpad.  As for x10 control stuff I doubt it. 

So I talked to sales and I think I got a good deal.  All the software, a lamp module, the CM19A/TM751 combo (which i figured I would need if the CM15A dies).
1 camera, recever, USB Video Capture Adapter, for a really good price. Got the Vangard software but I may install that on another computer just to try it.

I bought a CM15A from a website, with no software.
I did that because the CM15A well was going to dry up very fast. Paid a little more, but I made that up with the stuff I just got from x10.  It's worth asking for a better price or package.

Thanks for the install help.  Just hope I get it all to work.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »

If you already have AHP the CM15A will work with it as AHP was built for it.  If not, download it and it's a go.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

I swap between my CM15A, CM19A-TM751 and even the CM11A. For testing here.
The new AHP knows all three interfaces and one copy should be fine for all of them.
First time you connect a CM15A or CM19A if it was not connected at software installation. You may get a new hardware found message and a loading drivers message.

Gismo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »

thanks

1. You should install AHP first, then the plugins.

2. You CAN install the software without the hardware, you'll just get warnings when opening the software if the hardware isn't plugged in.

3. Don't expect to receive a CM15A. X10.com ran out of those, and have been substituting the CM15K, which is a kit made up of the CM19A and a TM751. It is NOT a fair replacement, and the CM19A/TM751 combo cannot do a bunch of things the CM15A can do (like run without the Pc being on all the time).

Thanks The software installed without a problem so far.  Got the CM15A in the mail yesterday, going to program that and waiting for the x10 camera hopfully in a few days.
Thanks for the help  :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.