Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XTBM - Operation questions  (Read 23748 times)

Delboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: XTBM - Operation questions
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »

The XTBM continues to show its value by assisting to identify the occaisonal 'glitch' when a new appliance or combination of devices creates problems. You can put myself on the list for the 'Pro' version when you have either an upgrade kit or new model available.

A serial or USB interface might be useful if someone wanted to log the activity in a specific area of the house to a PC, personally I would place this in the 'nice to have' category.

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: XTBM - Operation questions
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

It will certainly be feasible to upgrade the basic XTBM to the Pro unit.  Most of the mod is adding the switches, resistors, and drilling the appropriate holes in the case.  There is also a swap of two traces that I missed on the prototype PCB because that function is not used on the basic XTBM.

I agree that a serial port is in the "nice to have" category.  Even though the new PIC includes a serial interface, it takes a fair amount of real estate to provide the actual isolated output.  Isolation is necessary because the XTBM ground is referenced to the powerline neutral.  I don't think the volume of a Pro unit would justify the effort involved in creating a totally new PCB.  And obviously, that would also make an upgrade impossible.

I will place a notice here when (and if) the Pro version becomes available.  The main difference is it will include a logging history of perhaps 50 commands.  It will also include a separate screen with additional noise information.  Right now it keeps track of several different types of noise, but it just displays the dominant number.  The Pro version will display them all individually.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.