Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dialing Numbers  (Read 3954 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Dialing Numbers
« on: December 11, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

How long after the alarm is triggered is the console supposed to start dialing phone numbers?

In other words, if I'm testing my system and trigger the alarm myself and the siren is screaming on the console, how long does it take (or is it supposed to take) before my programmed phone number gets dialed?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: Dialing Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:07:52 AM »

@birdzeye:
In my experience, after the alarm gets set off, it takes about 5-10 before I get ringing on my cell phone.
As you test, make sure you're setting off the actual alarm and not just hitting "Panic", because if I recall correctly, it doesn't dial out in Panic mode (You would already be home).
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Dialing Numbers
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »

@birdzeye:
In my experience, after the alarm gets set off, it takes about 5-10 before I get ringing on my cell phone.
As you test, make sure you're setting off the actual alarm and not just hitting "Panic", because if I recall correctly, it doesn't dial out in Panic mode (You would already be home).

That's what I also thought but apparently the new models have been changed and also dial out in the Panic Mode as well this has not been updated though in the manual.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.