Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SH624 Remote, wont arm/disarm/panic BUT affects my Lights/Appliances  (Read 8503 times)

EQTrax

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

So as topic says, I recently dropped one of my 624 remotes and the batteries came out.  I didn't think much of it, so I went and did the Install/Arm/Run installation but noticed the remote wouldn't arming the system afterwards.  I've tried the little button around 10 times and every time the same result, but then i tried the other functions of the remote and was surprised to find my Lamp Modules and Appliance Modules all responded to the remote!  I assumed my dropping of it cause some internal malfunction, and decided not to be too perplexed about the situation.

Anyways, I had already purchased another remote of the same model, so I had just planned on keeping the "defective" remote as a mobile Light switch.  When I get the brand new remote, I open it, do the whole Install/Arm/Run installation and find the same problem is occuring with this remote.  It will operate my Lights/Appliances but will not Arm/Disarm or Panic.  I would blame my system at this point, but I have a third SH626 remote for upstairs and that one works just fine with arming and disarming the system. 

I am stumped, unless by some great odds I bought a defective remote with the exact same problem as my previously dropped one.  Which I doubt...

In a nutshell: It seems the White Buttons don't respond but everything else does (1-4 buttons, and dim feature).  Any suggestions?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: SH624 Remote, wont arm/disarm/panic BUT affects my Lights/Appliances
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »

I don't have one so am guessing based on previous posts. Don't you have to re-install the entire system?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »

When the batteries came out and you reinstalled them. The security code changed and the console no longer recognized it.
Same for the replacement. It has a different randomly picked security code.
You may have to register them with the console.

Since the standard X10 control buttons are not a security command. They will still work with out registering the remotes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:46:46 PM by Brian H »

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »

you do not have to reinstall everything to just add a remote.

but there is a max number like 4? of security remotes you can register;  after that when you register it, it beeps like it is registrying but it does not!  so you probably had 4 registers (you can register one multple times by mistake and use up the count) and when you put batteries back in and tried to re-register, you were at the max no allowed so it beeped like it was installing but it will never work. 

How many remotes do you have registered?  I truly believe your fix is to remove batts from d7000, unplug, and start over programming everything again.  I know no way to remove a previously registered remote other than this.  be careful to not push the button 2x on a remote and waste one of your registers.

EQTrax

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »

I have a few Keyfobs and then had 2 remote controls, I guess Ill go ahead of redo the whole shabang, it sounds more likely that I just used up Registrations without meaning to.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully this will work.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »

I have a few Keyfobs and then had 2 remote controls, I guess Ill go ahead of redo the whole shabang, it sounds more likely that I just used up Registrations without meaning to.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully this will work.

I'm curious about the outcome myself would you please let us know if this solved the problem. I forgot about the number of key fobs excellent information how many exactly can you register.

Tom j.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

Actually, it's 8 remotes.  AND if you use OnAlertMobile that's 1.  And like Mike said, the DS7000 will ding like it's installed, but if you've already installed 8, they won't work.

Keyfobs, Security Remotes, AHP, Mobile - they all add up.  If you think it through, you can add AHP & Mobile as one unit.  I have a new SC12 ordered and it says 32 zones - I'm hoping they upped the remote count also...

Just read the manual - Up to 16 Keychain Security Remotes with arm/disarm and panic functions, and buttons
to control security lights in and around the home.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:48:58 PM by PajamaGuy »
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:17 PM »

PajamaGuy; We will be waiting for your findings.
If you have any powerhorn units. You can verify they work and if all the lights on the Security House Code flash or only the two security address one do.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »

B:(

Based on what I read - I'll probably be sending it back.  BigJohn should know by now, but it seems so far that (1) The SC12A does NOT flash all light modules on a SC12A-defined HouseCode, rather it appears to flash only two specific HC/UC's.  And if the manual specifically calls out the PowerHorn for having trouble - you can sure bet there's an issue!

Q: Is it difficult to set-up?
A: Nope! It's virtually the same as the Protector Plus. It won't take you more than 30 minutes!

Q: Does it have the same features as the Protector Plus (PS651, DS7000)?
A: Yes, it does everything the Protector Plus does and a ton more!  -

My sole justification for ordering one was to get above the 8-remote limit.  I already have a timer - and 2 full installations of AHP.  Either of the two limitations (only flashes 2 specific UC's, or PowerHorns won't work) will nullify my justification.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.