Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ds7000 and socket rocket  (Read 3223 times)

xxsplatterzxx

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ds7000 and socket rocket
« on: December 28, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »

Hello,
        I have this installed in my house and I want my basement lights to blink if the DS7000 goes off. I want to use a socket rocket. How do I make it so the socket rocket and the Ds7000 sync? Thanks!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Ds7000 and socket rocket
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »

I have this installed in my house and I want my basement lights to blink if the DS7000 goes off. I want to use a socket rocket. How do I make it so the socket rocket and the Ds7000 sync?

When your DS7000 is triggered it sends out an All lights On... All units Off. Whatever house address (the letter on the code wheel) is used by your DS7000 is what you'll need to use for the SocketRockets. Any of the 1 through 16 unit addresses will work (as long as you have a remote that will send the signal). However.... I don't know what remotes you have available... or if you might have any phase issues with the DS7000 and basement lights circuit. But follow the setup directions to see.

Setting up the SocketRockets are simple. Get them as close.. in a lamp fixture in same plug/receptacle as a TM751 or your DS7000 console. Then within 30 seconds after applying power... press ON the house/unit address you wish the SocketRocket to have... 3 times (on any RF remote set to send the address you wish to use).

The SockRocket should come on... and the address is set. Move the SocketRockets to the desired locations and apply power... be sure to NOT send a X10 signal for more than 30 seconds. Since the SocketRockets might be on a switch... make sure the switch remains ON.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:08:35 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.