Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What happened to X10COMM.EXE?  (Read 5399 times)

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What happened to X10COMM.EXE?
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »

In several places I have seen a reference to x10comm.exe, which allows access to s subset of X10 operations from a command line.   It was reported to be part of ActiveHome Pro and found in the directory where AHP is installed.

However, I can't find it anywhere, and have even upgraded my AHP to the latest available, and it still isn't showing up.

Has it been abandoned because of incompatibilities with Windows Vista or Windows 7 or what?

Thanks.......

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: What happened to X10COMM.EXE?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »

I found x10comm.exe in the old Active Home program folder. For the CM11A Serial Interface.

If it was also part of AHP I also could not find it but I also have one of the latest revisions of AHP.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:37:27 PM by Brian H »

jeth

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »

Thanks for response, Brian,

Upon further research, I found something to do the same sort of thing in the SDK.  (ahcmd)

I'm still experimenting; I have been able to send commands from the command line using what I found in some sample scripts.  But a command line approach won't work for retrieving status of devices as shown in some example scripts like VB. 

I actually would prefer REXX for my scripting language, and it will probably work fine for transmission also, but not reception.

Joe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:35:25 PM by jeth »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »

ahcmd.exe comes with every version of AHP and allows for DOS or Command Line sending of X10 commands.  You can even copy it to an other folder and use it, it does not require AHP to be open to use it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:11:44 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jeth

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »

Thanks for response, Dan,

As I mentioned in my subsequent post, I did find that mentioned in the SDK, but also saw that it may exist in AHP as well.  It looks like my copy is in "Program Files\Common Files\X10" within a backup folder from long ago.

I'm still not sure how to retrieve the response from a "queryplc" operation when it is invoked from the command line.  It looks like that is only applicable when called from scripts.   But the queryplc option "is" listed from a command prompt in response to a:  "ahcmd /?"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.