Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless doorbell video intercom system  (Read 6914 times)

xboxhaxorz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless doorbell video intercom system
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »

I was looking at getting a doorbell intercom system for my front door. I have been browsing products online.
http://www.amazon.com/SVAT-VISS7500-Intercom-Security-Mechanism/dp/B00204P5X6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1292383450&sr=8-6 This system is ideal for me, but there are some bad reviews for the product not to mention i wanted to be able to view it on 2 monitors since i am in the basement alot but if somebody upstairs wanted to check they could as well.

So i was considering:
1 EagleEye Motion Sensor (MS14A)   $24.99
1 DVR/VCR Commander II (UX23A)   $49.99
1 Small Video Receiver (no audio) (VR36A)   $39.99
1 XCam2 Instant-On Camera (XX16A)

I would set it up to view on a android ipad type device. But as far as the electric door strike i do not know if i could activate it from the device or if this would work at all and i am better of getting the svat system.

Hmm guess i could use it http://www.smarthome.com/2010/X10-Universal-Module/p.aspx

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Wireless doorbell video intercom system
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »

I was looking at getting a doorbell intercom system for my front door. I have been browsing products online. I would set it up to view on a android ipad type device.
But as far as the electric door strike i do not know if i could activate it from the device or if this would work at all and i am better of getting the svat system.
Hmm guess i could use it http://www.smarthome.com/2010/X10-Universal-Module/p.aspx

I first bought X10 cameras because I can't really see my driveway from inside the house. Of course putting a camera at the end of the driveway only half solved the problem. As sitting and watching a monitor to spot a visitor... isn't my idea of a good time.

A motion sensor and chime can be helpful... as well as a AHP (CM15A) AHP will allow you to use X10 new android control and camera viewing software as well. I use a video switcher (from Walmart) to put the cameras view on my TV's... only when motion is detected. I even have an old YouTube video of that working.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

xboxhaxorz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »

great so i guess you have already done everything i plan to do. the only other thing i wanted to do was have a doorbell intercom so that i could talk to the person and after unlocking the door tell them to come inside. i looked on google for some wireless intercom systems but there are not many options.

have you or are you going to incorporate the electric door strike into your home?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

great so i guess you have already done everything i plan to do.

Not at all. I just shared what part I had done.

the only other thing i wanted to do was have a doorbell intercom so that i could talk to the person and after unlocking the door tell them to come inside.

You should search over at the SmartHome Site for Intercoms.

have you or are you going to incorporate the electric door strike into your home?

No plans for the electric strike here. But I do like the new remote locks! Pretty much the same idea and the electric strikes are proven technology. I'd like to have the door unlock as I approched (maybe via phone/wifi/BlueTooth/ or RFID) then be able to use the same control remotely maybe using X10's new phone software. I don't have a Web enable phone yet....
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.