🖥️ActiveHome Pro > MyHouse Online

Installing Active X Control Crashes IE8

(1/5) > >>

lviper:
WHile I wait for a replacement cm15a I was playing with the MyHouse Online plugin. I tried to remotely connect but when the active x control loads my IE8 crashes. I tried this on both a vista 32 and win 7 64 system. I also tried the suggestion of running IE as admin and adding the site to trusted sites. That didn't help.

I did get it to work using xp-mode on my win 7 system so I don't think it's a firewall, anti spyware/virus issue, but I could be wrong. Anyone else having a problem getting it to work in IE8 on vista or win 7?

ErikP:
The ActiveX client installed fine during testing on Vista both on x64 and x86.

What other software do you have installed?  There is a known issue after the X10 Net Service was upgraded to the latest run time libraries.  Your ActiveX object needs to be based on the same run time libraries, as your currently installed services, or it will crash.  The cab file which installs the ActiveX object if no client is previously installed on your system is now based on the latest runtimes.  Installing an older version of ActiveHome PRO will install the ActiveX client for that release, and the webpage will use that client rather than installing the one from the cab file.

lviper:
I do have the latest AHP installed on both computers. I can remove it from the Win 7 pc since I only installed it to test my know known bad cm15a. I'll try that.

lviper:
Just wanted to followup. I removed AHP from the Win7x64 PC and now the active X installed and works fine with IE8.

danmanx10:
I'm having the same problem. Running XP-SP3 w/ IE8 on my laptop. I can't have AHP installed AND download/install the MyHouse plug-in from myhouse.x10.com - IE crashes every time. Uninstall AHP and the plug-in works fine. Reinstall AHP and IE crashes again. What is the correct sequence of events to get AHP and the plug-in to function correctly on the same machine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version