Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installing Active X Control Crashes IE8  (Read 101203 times)

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Installing Active X Control Crashes IE8
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:42 PM »

I've had no problem with the latest mobile apps, using iWatchMobilePro and ActivePhone, as long as I don't use the X10 reflective servers which constantly give a 500 connection error.  I'm using dyndns.org to define my address and all is working perfectly that way.  I just want to use MyHouse as advertised by X10, especially for module status, security events, and other monitoring details.  The mobile apps are limited in their capabilities which do what they were designed for, simple on/off yes/no type things!

cary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »

I haven't yet been able to upgrade my automation system files to 3.3.0.5. I'll get to that in the next few days.
I did drag out an old tower I had laying around which had IE6 still loaded. Using it as a  remote unit, I was able to access my automation system (still on 3.2.9.0) via MyHouse Online which strongly supports that my other remote computers running IE8 will work once I upgrade my automation system to 3.3.0.5.
I'll update status of my progress.

cary

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »

Took an interim step and downgraded to IE7 from IE8. Unfortunately the x10 add-on (I assume the latest version) does not appear to function with IE7. Kept getting a forced close with the browser. I tried unsuccessfully to delete the add-on in hopes that reinstallation would get this going.

Looks as though my next step will be to upgrade my automation system SW to 3.3.0.5. I'll also reupgrade my remote computer to run IE8.

cary

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »

I upgraded my automation system to SW 3.3.0.5. I also upgraded my remote computer running MyHouse Online to IE8. I could not connect to my automation system from my remote computer with this configuration. I continued getting DEP alert on my remote computer preventing connection.
It is very unfortunate that whatever changes made by x10 in mid January have had such a negative functional impact on MyHouse Online operation.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

My experience with the plugin is a little different. With Win 7 64 bit and IE8, it took about 30 seconds to even ask you to download the plugin...for this reason after several short waits I concluded it did not work at all. Most plugins load very quickly. I only found this out several days later when I went to grab a coffee after trying to open it "1 final time" and to my suprise there it was! Seems to work OK but I still like Logmein software better.

delibaker

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »

Ok, here's what I have now know about the issues I've had with MyHouse showing lamp modules incorrectly.  If the lamp module is defined in AHP as an older non-soft start one, MyHouse Online only shows the module address and status, ie green light on/off.  If the lamp module is defined in AHP as the newer soft start, then everything shows, the address, status light, on/off toggle switch and the brightness slider.  They appear to work properly but I can't tell for sure since I don't own any of the newer modules.

Once again X10 has failed to fully test their various software programs before rolling out what should have been a minor upgrade to include the newer modules.  What ever happened to regression testing!!!!

DeliBaker

delibaker

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »

Just updated AHP with the latest version 3.306 and it appears that the X10 programmers have fixed the issues I've reported  :)%.  Launching MyHouse and then connecting with IE8 caused a new plugin to be downloaded and installed into the browser and now every module shows up correctly and responds as expected to toggling on/off, dimming, etc.

#:)

Jogofer

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 05:06:59 AM »

Would this videocap www.videocapx.com software be of help for you?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.