Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP can't control 3-way switch  (Read 4180 times)

anhnn100

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP can't control 3-way switch
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »

Installed AHP, just tried to turn on/off light from PC.  I am able to turn light on/off lamp module and 2-way switch, but non of my 3-way switches set are responsd to AHP command. 

Thank you for help

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP can't control 3-way switch
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »

Need to know, AHP version and any plug-ins.

Just as an aside, 3-way X10 wall switches are in AHP as a WS4777.  Only the master switch is listed, the others AHP can't see.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

anhnn100

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:36:01 PM »

AHP: CM15A
1 pair 3-way switch: ws12a/ws14a
2 pair 3-way switches: ws13a/ws14a

I'm not sure these switches are in  AHP.

thank you

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:16:24 AM »

Yes the WS12A,WS13A and WS14A are in AHP.
I believe they are not specified with the part number but more like decorator wall switch and decorator fluorescent wall switch.
I believe the WS14 is called the decorator companion switch in the list.

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »

Sounds like lack of neutral wire, if it'll respond at the switch, but not remote. ???

anhnn100

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »

Sounds like lack of neutral wire, if it'll respond at the switch, but not remote. ???

They will respond to the switch and remote, but not respond to AHP software in either PC or CM15a.  When I use remote to turn these light on/off, I saw these switches move to on/off position, but if I use the mouse to move these switches to on/off or dim, lamp is not respond

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »

WS12A does not have a neutral connection and I don't think the WS13A can work at all without a neutral,  since in the ON condition it's internal electronics would have no return path.

anhnn100
Are both switches operating properly when using local control at the switch? If so, it could a switch ID problem in AHP, or I would also suspect phase coupling problem (CM15A on one phase and the 3-ways or on the other phase) OR a noise problem.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Do you have any RF remotes like Palm Pad or Key Chain remote? If so make sure the CM15A is set to transceive the House Code the 3-way switches are on and move the CM15A to other areas of the house using the RF remote to activate the 3-way's.

Sorry, posted before reading your response.

Is the CM15A your only transceiver?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:55:30 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

anhnn100

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »

WS12A does not have a neutral connection and I don't think the WS13A can work at all without a neutral,  since in the ON condition it's internal electronics would have no return path.

anhnn100
Are both switches operating properly when using local control at the switch? If so, it could a switch ID problem in AHP, or I would also suspect phase coupling problem (CM15A on one phase and the 3-ways or on the other phase) OR a noise problem.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Do you have any RF remotes like Palm Pad or Key Chain remote? If so make sure the CM15A is set to transceive the House Code the 3-way switches are on and move the CM15A to other areas of the house using the RF remote to activate the 3-way's.

Sorry, posted before reading your response.

Is the CM15A your only transceiver?
Yes, CM15A is my only transceiver for AHP and Wireless Transceiver (TM751) for Palm Pad remote
All of my mudule worked with Palm Pad remote.  I just added AHP.  I am in the initial step to make AHP work with those modules.  So no timer al smart macro at this time.  I just tried to use the mouse to move the icon to on or off to see if any switch is respond to AHP.  Only 2-way switches and Lamp module are responded.  The 3 pair of 3-way switches are not.  However, if I use palm pad remote to turn on/off these 3-way switches, I saw the icon in AHP moving to on/off position.  Any way, they work with palm pad remote but not AHP.  I will try to move the CM15A to other place to see if any help.

Thank you for you info

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »

Yes, CM15A is my only transceiver for AHP and Wireless Transceiver (TM751) for Palm Pad remote
All of my mudule worked with Palm Pad remote.  I just added AHP.  I am in the initial step to make AHP work with those modules.  So no timer al smart macro at this time.  I just tried to use the mouse to move the icon to on or off to see if any switch is respond to AHP.  Only 2-way switches and Lamp module are responded.  The 3 pair of 3-way switches are not.  However, if I use palm pad remote to turn on/off these 3-way switches, I saw the icon in AHP moving to on/off position.  Any way, they work with palm pad remote but not AHP.  I will try to move the CM15A to other place to see if any help.

Thank you for you info
The CM15A acts as a RF to PLC Tranceiver just like the TM751. And the TM751, if it receives the RF remotes when the CM15A does, will trample the CM15As PLC signal effectivly cancelling everything. Try only one or the other, not both.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »

This is for anhnn100 ...   Do you have your 3-way switches in AHP as the WS4777?   That's what AHP shows under Modules/Lamps.  If they respond to the Palm Pad and are not responding to AHP they are not correctly installed to AHP.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.