Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros work on PC but NOT on CM15A  (Read 3585 times)

Frank4810

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros work on PC but NOT on CM15A
« on: November 26, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

I have set up about 4-5 macros using conditions and in some cases, Flags to monitor. All works well with computer on and running AHP, but when downloaded to CM15A and PC turned off, macros don't work correctly. One question I have is: Does the CM15A support setting and clearing of Flags? What else may I be doing wrong?

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: Macros work on PC but NOT on CM15A
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »

frank there is a switch or check box that indicate run from PC or the cm15. Check that switch in the macro interface. I am sure when I have mine set to run from PC when i download to the controller it will not run when the PC is disconnected. 

good luck.
M M ElectricMan

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »

Absolutely.  Macros set to run from the PC MUST have the PC running to run.  Macros set to run from the interface (CM15A) will run if the PC is off.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Frank4810

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I did make sure the macros were set to run from the interface both before I saved the file and before I downloaded to the interface. Still can't get all the macros to run. Right now having problem getting phantom module A16 ( activated by timer) to trigger the macro to turn on A12. I sent the files to Eric today, if someway of posting the files here, please advise and I will do so.
Thanks,
Frank

difend

Clear CM15a when making changes.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »

Frank
Though it didn't make any sense to me, if I unplugged the CM15a for an hour or so and then downloaded the timers/macros they all worked fine. Maybe they have some old microsoft programmers working for them chanting the mantra, reboot on error.
M

Frank4810

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »

Thanks Difend. I've been able to get the macro to work but now have another problem in having the shut off time changing on me with NO input from me. I had the timers set to turn of starting at 9:00 PM adding 5 minutes for each successive light and all on it's own they are now going off at around 8:00 PM. I tried a NEW download today, so I'll see what happens. I thought it might have lost time in the CM15A but when looking at it with AHP it shows the correct time in the controller.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »

Have to ask it...
sure you don't have motion sensors tripping around that time?
perhaps triggering another macro or even your primary macros?
are all the lights going off starting at 8PM, then 5 minutes apart after that?
are they going off in the order in which they appear in the macro?
does the AHP log actually show the macro kicking off at 8PM?
are you connected to the CM15 with AHP running or CM15 stand-alone?
and lastly, just a wild non-sensical idea, is the timezone on your PC set correctly? I don't know if it means anything but...
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

Frank4810

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »

Good questions Troll334.
The macros were set up so the 1 motion sensor I have does NOT turn off the Lamps during the "timed" ON period. The macros were working just fine but decided to change the off time after about a week on it's own.

I havent't "caught" the off event in person, but will do so tonight.

The AHP log doesn't show the events taking place because I don't keep the PC on but instead, try to run from the CM15A only.

The PC IS disconnected

I verified the time zone is correct for my area, first thing that came to my mind also. In configuration it "claims" the timer is the correct time.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »

arrggghhh, those dag-blasted poltergeists :)
So, yeah...tonight, pay close attention to the lights...when the first goes out, when the next one does, and so on.
take your motion sensors and lay 'em down before the anticipated event; just because.
After the ...geists work their magic, plug in to the CM15 and check those log entires.
Next, pull down the file menu, choose reports, then open the 'General' report. Scroll thru and look at what AHP thinks...
Oh, and save that log file so you don't loose the evidence. Sometimes, my log scrolls so fast (FIFO) that I can loose
the data I'm looking for. So I've learned to write those logs out regularly; I can take my time then...
Where's Noam when you need him...he's bound to have found a way to auto-write those AHP logs out by now :)
good luck !
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

Frank4810

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »

Thanks Troll334,
Not sure what you mean by "plug in the CM15A and check those log entries" Is my CM15A supposed to be recording when NOT connected to the PC?
My CM15A does NOT record any events when not connected to the PC. And, I assume you mean the activity log?
I did print out the general report and it looks as I would expect.
I was out last evening so I can't be sure if they worked as expected or not. I will try to verify again tonight.
Thanks for the assistance.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »

... My CM15A does NOT record any events when not connected to the PC. And, I assume you mean the activity log?...
I have been having the same issue for a few months now, but the X10 developers I've been working with haven't been able to find an answer yet.

Perhaps another user reporting issues might get them to work a bit harder on solving that one.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.