Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SDK update  (Read 25068 times)

ErikP

SDK update
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »

The installer located at http://www.activehomepro.com/sdk/sdk-info.html has been updated.

Changes:
QueryPLC was returning an error value if the internal query resulted in a 0.  0 is a valid return value for most queries so this resulted in things like returning unknown if the on/off state was off, or unknown if the bright/dim state was exactly 50%.  Correct values are now returned all around.

Now uses the same run time libraries as the new x10net.dll, and it built using the new dll as a reference.  In most of my testing the old SDK worked fine with the new x10net.dll, but keeping everything on the same platform gives better compatibility.

Note:  The new 2010 Microsoft run time libraries require service pack 2 or greater on XP machines.  You may need to service pack your system to run the new AcriveHome PRO and SDK.

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: SDK update
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:06 AM »

Eric,

Great to see you guys as a regular presence on the forums! 

There are some minor problems with the documentation links for the SDK.  On the download page, the link for "Download ActiveHome Pro SDK Documentation" downloads a .chm file that gives an error of "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" when you open it.  If you actually install the SDK, you get a workable .chm file in the ahsdk\help folder.  In that same folder is an html file named ActiveScriptDocumentation.htm, but that's an empty frameset document.

Just thought you'd like to know.

EDIT: "Try right clicking on the file and in properties click on the unblock choice" solves the downloaded .chm error.

ITguy
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:22:33 PM by ITguy »

ErikP

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »

EDIT: "Try right clicking on the file and in properties click on the unblock choice" solves the downloaded .chm error

This is because of windows security features on downloaded files.  Windows does this to all files downloaded from websites.  Its the same thing that causes the pop up warning about running .exe files downloaded from the internet.  I let our web guys know that putting this information on the download page would be nice.

If you actually install the SDK, you get a workable .chm file in the ahsdk\help folder.  In that same folder is an html file named ActiveScriptDocumentation.htm, but that's an empty frameset document.
I'm not sure where the .chm file came from.  Neither the old or the new installer puts this file there. 
I updated the installer to include the missing files which made the .htm file open empty.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »

Erik,

I just installed the new sdk.  Caused my AHP 3.296 (all plug-ins through IWatch Mobile Pro) to crash.  Had to restore to yesterday.

Any ideas?

Can anyone else verify?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 07:56:36 AM »

Erik,

I just installed the new sdk.  Caused my AHP 3.296 (all plug-ins through IWatch Mobile Pro) to crash.  Had to restore to yesterday.

Any ideas?

Can anyone else verify?
Yep same thing here though I never had the phone apps.
At least your restore worked! mine failed to solve the problem  B:(  I never did have much luck with the system restore.
now I can't even Uninstall ahp or the SDK windows says it may have already been uninstalled! B:(
reinstalled and still can't getit to work or uninstall B:(  :'(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

Hey Tuice,

Thanks for your pain and suffering. (+1 from me).  I was worried that something on my system was broken.

BTW, XP SP3.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

cmc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »

This is crazy.  B:(
Same thing on Windows 7.
I was trying to use autom8 on my droid and it wasn't working properly.
Installed the latest SDK, since the release notes implied that was my problem.
Sure enough, now my activehomepro doesn't work and crashes on start.

Sooo frustrating, did anyone actually test the SDK before releasing it and corrupting all of our setups?
Guess I need to rebuild from scratch

cmc

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »

The installer located at http://www.activehomepro.com/sdk/sdk-info.html has been updated.

Changes:
QueryPLC was returning an error value if the internal query resulted in a 0.  0 is a valid return value for most queries so this resulted in things like returning unknown if the on/off state was off, or unknown if the bright/dim state was exactly 50%.  Correct values are now returned all around.

Can we have the SDK from two versions ago?  Obviously if "off" is broken in the last version and this version corrupts the AciveHomePro, the sdk from two versions ago would be beneficial.
Not sure how often X10 reads this - so if anyone has a link, please post it.

Thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »

I think I might have an idea what is happening here.
In order to try and solve a USB issue I was having the developers sent me a few updated versions of the x10net.dll file. Over the past few weeks, I have been switching back and forth between several versions of the DLL, in the hopes of resolving my issue (which seems to be resolved now).
As it turns out, running the newer version (versions 3.299 and 3.301) crashed my AHP (version 3.296), too. The newer version of the DLL has code in it for the new mobile plugins, and if you don't have the right files behind it, it will cause a crash.
Re-registering the 3.296 version of the X10net.dll, and fixed the crashing.
Since I made a backup copy before I tried the newer versions they had sent me, I could roll it back. However, re-installing version 3.296 should do the same thing.
Go ahead and try it. It can't make it worse. You probably won't get an answer from X10 before Monday.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »

Reinstalling doesn't help on windows 7
nor does reinstalling a old SDK. B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »

What version is your x10net.dll file?

toyonlorne

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »

I am new to your forum.  I joined yesterday after I purchased x10 commander for my Ipad and followed the directions to download SDK program to work with my Active Home Pro - and it crashed it as many have said. I did a 'Restore' to remove the SDK and return to a working AHP, but I am anxious to try to get things working.   I am sorry I am so dumb, but how do I RE-REGISTER my AHP so that I can try as you suggest?  I don't see that option within the program...  Also, my AHP is version 3.236, last update 9-3-2008 (which is probably when I installed it) -  but when I press the 'update' button, in AHP HELP, nothing happens.  Also, if it helps, I did find that the version of x10net.dll I have is 3.0.0.236. ??
Thanks.

cmc

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 10:07:45 AM »

I think I might have an idea what is happening here.
In order to try and solve a USB issue I was having the developers sent me a few updated versions of the x10net.dll file. Over the past few weeks, I have been switching back and forth between several versions of the DLL, in the hopes of resolving my issue (which seems to be resolved now).
As it turns out, running the newer version (versions 3.299 and 3.301) crashed my AHP (version 3.296), too. The newer version of the DLL has code in it for the new mobile plugins, and if you don't have the right files behind it, it will cause a crash.
Re-registering the 3.296 version of the X10net.dll, and fixed the crashing.
Since I made a backup copy before I tried the newer versions they had sent me, I could roll it back. However, re-installing version 3.296 should do the same thing.
Go ahead and try it. It can't make it worse. You probably won't get an answer from X10 before Monday.

As far as I can tell 3.296 doesn't work properly (per the release notes, it doesn't respond properly to queryplc when the value is 0 or off).  This means that we can probably get AHP working again, but the SDK won't work properly w/o a version greater than 3.296. 
You mentioned 3.301.  In the latest SDK it looks like only 3.300. Have you tried downloading and installing all the mobile plugins?  Obviously you won't be able to use them if you don't register them, but maybe it will give you the 'right' files.
If you want to post 3.301, I'll try too.

Does anyone have a version of the SDK that does respond properly to queryplc? If so, please post.  It would be great to get autom8 (android) working.  I'm sure those with x10 commander are having issues as well.

cmc

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »

Reinstalling doesn't help on windows 7
nor does reinstalling a old SDK. B:(

I ran into the same thing.  I do Not have a working SDK, but I was able to get AHP back up and running by deleting everything (AHP folder, SDK folder, Common/X10 folder - all under program files). Don't forget to backup your .ahx file - I did
Then Only install AHP. 

To the group - is there a place to get old SDKs?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »

I have the old SDK installer, as well as the 3.296 x10net.dll.
I don't have anywhere I can easily post them for download, but if someone else can host them, I'll e-mail them over.
Just let me know.
Hopefully, Erik will be able to correct the issue on Monday, so it shouldn't be a problem for too long.

Does anyone have the new SDK working? If so, what version does your AHP say it is?

--Noam
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.