Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SDK update  (Read 25084 times)

ErikP

Re: SDK update
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

Sorry for the weekend headaches everyone...  The bug which was supposed to be fixed by the updated SDK was instead caused in reverse by the updated SDK.  Unfortunately, it only happens on some systems, and builds so it tested as working initially.

A new ActiveHome PRO 3.301 installer is up now which will update the ActiveHome PRO side to the same version as the SDK side.  Remember all ActiveHome installers now update all files and plugins, so this installer will update all of your currently installed plugins too. 

The root of this is changes to x10net.dll, which we don't usually change much.  Most of the recent activity has necessitated updates.  I will look into ways to get the SDK to work with a wider range of versions, but for now the old SDK should work up to builds 281, and the new SDK will work with builds after 301 up to the next time the x10net.dll needs to be updated again.  The next time it is updated, however, an SDK update will be much closer on its heels, since we now know this breaks it.

For those of you having uninstall issues, are you running x86 or x64 windows?  In the meantime, the current installer creates the Program Files\AHSDK\ directory, adds a copy of ahscript.dll, ahcmd.exe, ActiveScript.exe, and Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll to the Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\ directory, and does some basic driver installation.  The drivers shouldn't effect the system, so by removing all of those other files from those locations you effectively undo the installation.  As usual, Program Files may change based on your windows version.  You need to stop the X10 network service before you can delete x10net.dll.  Running SDK developed applications need to be closed before the SDK .dll files can be deleted.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »

For those of you having uninstall issues, are you running x86 or x64 windows? 
I'm Running Win 7 64
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »

:)%  #:) :)%
I was a little leary about trying the new AHP and SDK combo. But Hey what did I have to loose right? AHP already wasn't loading!
Well for those still sitting on the fence I can tell you don't worry! ;)
Good Job EricP!
Now I had thought that a Long standing bug would have been fixed with AHP Version 3.301 Out standing Bugs!   I hope that that Is the only out standing bug missed.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 10:16:33 AM »

I hadn't noticed that AHP was crashing on my second PC (XP-SP3, used as a testbed/watchdog/etc system) after I loaded the new SDK. However, when I went to check it last night (after seeing that 3.301 was released for download), it definitely was crashing at startup. Installing 3.301 took care of that.

I have to commend the new AHP team, specifically "ErikP" and "AHP Dev". They are working hard, and really trying to bring the response level and the interaction with the forum users back up to where it was back when AHP was first released in 2004/2005. Keep up the good work!

cmc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »

Thanks, AHP no longer crashes. ;D

Unfortunately it still isn't compatible with some software that was create in the past, including autom8 which I was trying to use:

http://autom8.clangen.org/

Has anyone gotten this software to work with a newer AHP?
If you've gotten it to work with an older version, which version?

It seems to accept commands from my droid, but the updated state doesn't seem to get back to the autom8 server or my droid.

I figure it may be the same issue found by iHouse after an earlier AHP update? (http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=214&p=1246&hilit=icons#p1246)

jnpj3839

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »

as of yet after installing SDK AHP hasn't crashed but I haven't restarted it either. I know no question yet... OK now issue is I've not received the email that I sent to add cell phone so that my Moto 855 with Froyo 2.2 Droid can run IWatchMobile Pro using gmail, but sending an email to comcast address i receive link. however when viewing web page it's a blackened pagethis is on my XP sp3. Still can't get install on Vista. All my successful installs were after removing webcam drivers.

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »

I dl'd and installed the SDK update in Erik's post #1
I dl'd and installed the 3.301 AHP update from the X10 site.

My custom X10 software still works fine.
AHP starts up and then crashes.
see screen shot.

Where do I go from here kids?
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »

In the meantime, the current installer creates the Program Files\AHSDK\ directory, adds a copy of ahscript.dll, ahcmd.exe, ActiveScript.exe, and Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll to the Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\ directory, and does some basic driver installation.  The drivers shouldn't effect the system, so by removing all of those other files from those locations you effectively undo the installation.  As usual, Program Files may change based on your windows version.  You need to stop the X10 network service before you can delete x10net.dll.  Running SDK developed applications need to be closed before the SDK .dll files can be deleted.
Do that then install the New AHP.
You most likely will need to update the Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll file that your application uses afterwards.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EL34

• My X-10 projects
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »

Thanks Tuice,
Still not clear on what to do.

Am I unistalling AHP and deleteing files by hand?
deleting Program/AHSDK files or Common files or both??
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »

Don't uninstall AHP or the SDK just remove the files in the common folder, then reinstall AHP. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EL34

• My X-10 projects
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »

Ah ok, thanks,
That's plain and simple to understand.  ;D

Worked like a charm.
I copied the new Interop.ActiveHomeScriptLib.dll file to my VB2008 project folders

thanks for the help
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:48:39 AM by EL34 »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.