Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neighbor has wireless camera pointed at my property...need advice  (Read 14630 times)

AccurateOne

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have ActiveHome Pro. Is there any way I can see what he sees on his wireless camera? I need proof so I can show police.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Neighbor has wireless camera pointed at my property...need advice
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »

Not with AHP.

Would also depend on the brand of camera being used. An X10 wireless video receiver may work but only if the frequency of the signal matched X10s channels and if the signal was strong enough for a receiver at your location to capture it.

AccurateOne

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

I think I may have it. I am using my wireless video receiver plug into a portable monitor. I gotta figure out how to record it.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »

The easiest way to record is:  Instead of plugging your receiver into a portable monitor, plug it into a VCR - Video In, then the VCR Video Out into the monitor.  Press record on the VCR.

Also, it is generally accepted that a camera can be pointed at anything in the public view.  Not into your bedroom or bathroom windows, or anywhere else you'd have the expectation of privacy.
>!

AccurateOne

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »

Aimed at Pool and Bathroom!

vantech

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »

i would try aiming a laser pointer right back at the camera and see if that stops him... rofl

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »

i wonder if they still have those blue ice lasers available for public consumption.  That should fry the cam.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

vantech

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »

I have ActiveHome Pro. Is there any way I can see what he sees on his wireless camera? I need proof so I can show police.

I'd try going next door and just asking for a demo of their cameras [views]. I use the plural... because I would assume you can't spot all the cameras.

When I put up my first camera it had a great view of my gate... and also a view of one neighbors bedroom window. I quickly pulled that camera down the minute I realized my mistake.

After I installed my cameras... I invited the neighbors over to see for themselves what I could actually see with the cameras. I was very careful about the placement and NOT viewing other peoples homes and such. But I really like my neighbors and really appreciate getting along well with them. I really like technology too... and since my Dad was a cop... of course I like the police. But nether a laser pointer or a cop can improve your relationship with your neighbor(s).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.