Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Onalert mobile wifi lan vs 3g  (Read 9421 times)

richwashko

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Onalert mobile wifi lan vs 3g
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:31:10 AM »

Hi I've had onalert mobile running for about a month (through router and firewall).  Worked great now all of  a sudden it only works from the 3g network (if i turn off wifi on my phone). The phone app  won't work on my home wifi it times out.  If i enter the specific computer ip in phone browser it will work but not my isp provided ip.  Out of ideas here.  I have another program set up and this one still works lan and wan through a different port.

Thanks for any ideas.  I'm not a network guy just fumbling through.

ErikP

Re: Onalert mobile wifi lan vs 3g
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »

If you open the invite a cell phone dialog window is the address for the WiFi access still the same as the one you bookmarked?

richwashko

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Onalert mobile wifi lan vs 3g
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »

Erik,

Thanks for the reply.  The ip address is the local ip of the computer the ahp is running on for invite cell phone.  What i did is i made two web apps on my iphone, one for the lan http://192.168.2.102..... and one for when i am not on my local network using my internet provider address.  Easier than turning wifi off on the phone to use the application.

the local ip did roll from .101 to .102 after the install.  I will make it static on the router though to keep it from happening again.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.