Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SECURITY CAMERAS FOR THE HOUSE - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!!!!  (Read 5632 times)

julez12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SECURITY CAMERAS FOR THE HOUSE - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!!!!
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:23:26 PM »

Hello Everyone-

I would love recommendations from the people who actually have these products installed - pros and cons!!!  I am looking for security cameras for our home. 

Here is my wish list!

- Wireless Great Quality (outdoor) Cameras that are motion activated, tilt, and can scan.
- Wireless Door Bell Camera.
- Able to view recordings/pictures via Computer and Blackberry Phones.
- Able to adjust cameras via the computer or blackberry phones.
- Easy Install.
- Cameras record to a DVD.
- Any prices or discounts available?!?!
- Any other recommendations would be appreciated!!!

Julieeee

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: SECURITY CAMERAS FOR THE HOUSE - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

- Wireless Great Quality (outdoor) Cameras that are motion activated, tilt, and can scan.
Great quality cameras would be wired. Wireless cameras, sacrifice some quality for a little ease of installation. If your asking about cameras that position themselves to track people... I don't know of any that do that.
- Wireless Door Bell Camera.
I have a doorbell cam... it is a setup not a particular camera. A search here should turn up many posts about such setups. I even have a VERY old YouTube video about one.
- Able to view recordings/pictures via Computer and Blackberry Phones.
- Able to adjust cameras via the computer or blackberry phones.
I don't have a BlackBerry.
- Easy Install.
They're all easy to install.
- Cameras record to a DVD.
If you plan on using a DVD recorder a VCR [DVD] commander will do that.
- Any prices or discounts available?!?!
I don't work for X10.
- Any other recommendations would be appreciated!!!
Read here at the forum for a while. Try a single camera setup to test and learn with.

I know I take this stuff serious. Crime is serious stuff. Cameras alone solve very little. Cameras are only a necessary part of a security system.

Good solid locked doors and windows. Landscaping that allows for proper views of the home without hiding places or dark areas. Plenty (and then some more) of outside lighting (I prefer motion detection lighting). A good security system (alarm) with signs and window stickers. Cameras with at lease one that is easily spotted by anyone looking. Other cameras should be harder to see. I like my cameras to watch each other (so each camera has another camera in its view). That way looking away from a camera to avoid being identified might cause one to look at another camera.

The purpose of all this is to look like (actually become) a harden target. This should cause any potential intruder to look to your neighbor as a easier target.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:15:15 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

julez12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SECURITY CAMERAS FOR THE HOUSE - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »

Dave you are the man!! thank you for all ur advice!   =)   #:) >!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.