Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nstinct Remote macro problem  (Read 8862 times)

jwhitt12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nstinct Remote macro problem
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »

This is strange.  What I am trying to do is to create a macro to turn everything off and assign said macro to the key in the middle of the unit that says something like; "turn off all (whatever).  The documentation says that to do this one must assign to the 'main' keys (choose from the right side of icon selection keys.  My problem is that when I try and do this I get the same devices that are available to the left hand icon selection keys.  I am not, obviously, getting to the 'main' keys.  I am, obviously, going to need a step by step solution to my problem as I must not be pushing the right keys.

I sent this to support.  They replied that my problem would be taken care of by their pro support team.  That is the very last thing I heard.  I tried to call and get an answer but there was no help there either.  I also tried the chat but that was a complete waste of time.  Therefore I am posting this here in the hope that somebody can either give me a step by step or tell me where I am going wrong.  I also realize that I can easily do this by picking a device key but I thought it would be nice to assign this task to a single button. 

Thank you........

Wannabe

Re: Nstinct Remote macro problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »

You can't!!

You can however do that very same thing using the  'power' button (top center).

The manual says "Note: Blue and Yellow text on the remote is for Home Control"

jwhitt12

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

This is very strange.  I did receive a note from support which said that the button would act exactly as I wanted with no programming.  However, it did not (it did nothing).  The manual also says not to attach such a manual to 'power' as that will disable the power button for the stuff it already does.  So, they are advertising all these macros but there are actually NO buttons that will accept such programming?

TheBassman

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »

You can program the "Power" button as a macro to turn everything on/off when pressed. I have mine set to turn on the TV, DVR and my audio receiver when pressed. (Make sure you add a 1 sec delay between steps.)

As for disabling the button for other devices, you can use the "Quick Power" feature to turn devices on 1 at a time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.