Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can only get 1 cam 2 work.  (Read 5541 times)

brad4eva

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can only get 1 cam 2 work.
« on: December 23, 2010, 03:47:58 AM »

I can only get 1 camera to work. it even picked up reception off another set of cameras. but just one not all 4. not even the til pan thingy.
Why might this be? tried bringing my reciever atleast ten feet away and all are set on same channel....

Thanks brad.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can only get 1 cam 2 work.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:08:15 AM »

Only one camera can be on at onetime.
They are controlled by the X10 power line signals.
On the camera power supplies you set the common House Code and then use a group of four unit codes. 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Turn one on the other three will go off. First check that you are using the same House Code and have your Unit Codes in one of the groups.

What software are you using with the cameras or are you using a remote?
If you are using a remote which transceiver are you using to get the on off signals on the power line?

Try moving the transceiver around to see if you can then turn a different camera on and off. If you find different places turn on and off other cameras. You have power line problems. Like signal suckers, noise makers and phase coupling problems.

Let us know what you find out while doing some of the tests.

brad4eva

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »

I use vanguard, and i set up cameras as like a1, a2, a3, etc. and everyone even if i pick up reception it is staticy like,  this seems like a 250$ money waste to me because i can't get **** to work right.
I got flat screens and stuff but i dont got anything on 2.4 ghz cause i just bought a 5.8 ghz router so hoping it would work.

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:49 PM »

I have a question for you. Do you have the security system from  X10? The reason I'm asking is because the system is preset to the A channel. Using the same address assign to something else can cause a conflict and funky results will occur.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:11:58 AM »

First I am sorry that my reply is tardy.

Can you turn only power one of them at a time and see if each one can reach the receiver alone?
They default do On. So testing each alone will eliminate two On at the sametime.

That will also see if there is some outside interference not related to more than one camera stepping on each other.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.