Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick Vid of Activephone in action  (Read 18234 times)

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Quick Vid of Activephone in action
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »

Heres a quick vid for anybody on the fence about it. Taking with another iphone

Edit:

Slightly better quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtAijfNp91Y
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:49:43 AM by george536 »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Quick Vid of Activephone in action
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »

AWESOME! I so need a better cellphone.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

at some point they are no longer cell phones (actually not cellular anymore because they are digital)..I call em mobile phones....but anyway at some point they are no longer mobile phones, but computers, that just happen to have the extra ability to make phone calls and send SMS and MMS.

I use my iPhone to replace almost every single hand held device in my house and truck:

Mobile phone, iPod, TomTom GPS, Satellite Radio, X10 RF Remotes, A/V IR Remotes, etc...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

at some point they are no longer cell phones (actually not cellular anymore because they are digital)..I call em mobile phones....but anyway at some point they are no longer mobile phones, but computers, that just happen to have the extra ability to make phone calls and send SMS and MMS.

Boy your so right! I guess I must just be getting old. Even though I do try to keep up... I TweetFace, YouBook, TubeVideo and all that new World Wide Spider Web Thingy stuff. But seriously... I've spent considerable time attempting to turn "actual control" over to the machine. But I think I/we may still need a bit of Artificial Intelligent Software to get there.

But even though "controlling" wasn't my goal... this "mobile device control" is way too cool to past up. Since mobile processors not only have more processing power than my first computer did... many have more than the space shuttle has now (the shuttles computers are barely Pentiums). I wonder... if its too soon to turn Mobile devices into virtual companions?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 12:29:39 AM »

There is a nuance dragon naturally speaking app on the iPhone for VR. Hopefully soon they will extend there API to the rest of us. Imagine BVC on your phone anywhere in the world.

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:50:10 AM »

Slight better quality, need a better camera

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

BTW, Verizon Wireless just announced they will be be selling the I Phone and supporting it, so AT&T won't be the only I Phone carrier. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

fubaya

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

There is a nuance dragon naturally speaking app on the iPhone for VR. Hopefully soon they will extend there API to the rest of us. Imagine BVC on your phone anywhere in the world.

Not to make an Android/iPhone argument, but this is possible on Android phones because the google speech recognition API is open for Android users. I'm not aware of any apps that do it, but I actually have speech recognition that can control X10 from my phone with short shell scripts being the only real programming I used (and all I'm capable of!). I'm fairly new to X10 so I just flip a few lights on/off/dim and haven't tried anything really complicated, plus my setup is Linux/Heyu/ssh so that limits the audience, but the voice API is open and could be written into an X10 app by a competent Android developer.

mike1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »

Hi jared,

thanks I ran whatmyip.org I found out that I had the wrong ip address also had to open port 8777. Everything is working fine, except I noticed certain lights don't work with my activephone but will work in the house with the palm remote or any other x10 remote. Any ideas why ?

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 06:52:58 PM »

I use my iPhone to replace almost every single hand held device in my house and truck:

Mobile phone, iPod, TomTom GPS, Satellite Radio, X10 RF Remotes, A/V IR Remotes, etc...
Same here i can't wait until the new iphone come out. I use my iphone more than my laptop. i went out and got the ipad 2 . so i could have better and biggger screen. I love them both  :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.