Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro not working  (Read 4389 times)

cj4331

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro not working
« on: December 27, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »

I've got a simple macro trigger is C5 On.  Action is D3 On and then E1 On.  I can press the macro button in AHP and it works.  I download it to the CM15A and when I press C5 On E1 turns on but not D3.  I look at the Activity Monitor and it says the macro sent D3 On and E1 On.  I tried deleting the macro downloading to the CM15A and then adding the macro again and downloading to the CM15A.  I've tried clearing the interface/CM15A's memory and then downloading the macros again.  Nothing works.  Then I tried reversing the order I turned the devices on.  I said when you receive C5 On turn E1 On then D3 On.  Guess what.  Now it turns on D3 but not E1.  So it's skipping the first one.  I added a 3 second pause between them.  Still no help.  What could be going on?

cj4331

Re: Macro not working
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »

Just wanted to make a couple more notes.  Both D3 and E1 are appliance modules.  When I'm testing I'm using a HR12A remote to send the C5 On command to the CM15A which has the macro stored in it.  Like I said I can't get it to run the first command in that macro.  It's obvious the CM15A has the macro in it as the second command is done.  I can see in the Activity monitor where it says it's doing what it should but it isn't.  It consistently doesn't run the first one.  I've tried adding a delay as the first thing in the macro but that doesn't help either.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »

Just as a test, try adding a "dummy" module (Take an unused address, and assign a module to it in AHP), and use that as the first command in the macro. See if that makes any difference in how the macro executes.

cj4331

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

Yes, that works.  I'm going with that solution.  Thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »

That's a really strange problem.
You might have some corruption in your AHX file, that's all I can think of.
Have you tried creating a brand new file, with just that one macro, and see how that works?

cj4331

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »

Don't know but I did find out that if I put a longer pause at the beginning it would work and that's ok with me so I'm happy.  Thanks for the help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.