Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need a alarm sensor for our back door lock  (Read 12065 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: I need a alarm sensor for our back door lock
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »

Actually, I believe Windows 7 comes with a built-in voice and you shouldn't need the MS Speech SDK at all.

I wonder... I remember some versions of XP didn't come with everything completely loaded. The voice should be there if not... you will be able to download that at the Microsoft Site (free).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »

Actually, I believe Windows 7 comes with a built-in voice and you shouldn't need the MS Speech SDK at all.

I wonder... I remember some versions of XP didn't come with everything completely loaded. The voice should be there if not... you will be able to download that at the Microsoft Site (free).

I did see a voice somewhere in XP but the software on Windows 7 is that Kate could you please provide a link for this Kate I would like to check it out. Thanks!!

Tom j.

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »

I did see a voice somewhere in XP but the software on Windows 7 is that Kate could you please provide a link for this Kate I would like to check it out. Thanks!!

XP had the old voices.. like Microsoft Mary and Microsoft Sam (think Professor Stephen Hawking). I use a (third party/after-market?) Voice called Kate 16 bit on my XP Home Automation PC. I purchased Kate online sometime ago... but she/it hasn't been available for sometime. Microsoft introduced Anna (and James... I think) with Vista. Anna is a very nice (and free) voice. Using a trial version of the Microsoft Maps... some have downloaded a free Anna to the XP OS.

I believe... with 7 you will also have (or be able to DownLoad from Microsoft) the Anna and James voices. But I am not sure what after-market voices work with 7. For all I know... all of them could work... I just don't know. I did find some on-line info that I hope you find helpful.

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

After doing a little more searching.... I found this:  We are trying to add additional voices to Windows 7.
Voices from Acapela Group are SAPI 5 compatible and will work with Acapela's programs.
These voices do not, however, show up in the Control Panel, Speech Recognition, Text to Speech, Voice Selection option.

That is interesting. It sounds [reads] like at least with 7 in the 64 bit version... voices may be limited. I just don't know.

We need help here from a Windows 7, BVC user.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.