Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"  (Read 49433 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Conditions"
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »

Noam. There is no specific "time" condition available in the macro condition selections. There is however a between times selection available which I have also experimented with at different start and end times with no luck. So far no experience with flags. I was avoiding the flags subject unless absolutely necessary.

The Specific time condition is what you used for the dusk condition. Make sure you are using the advanced interface for the conditional macros.
OK, specific time for Dawn shows 7:35am but macro still wont work after that time.

Okay, try chaning it from "After Dawn" to "After 7:35 AM", and see if that makes any difference.
NOAM
Tried that and a before time and an exact time and a couple others. Each time downloading it to the CM15A interface and trying to trigger the macro with a PalmPad. No luck..........
I still think it has something to do with Vista. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE USING CONDITIONAL MACROS WITH VISTA SP2 SUCESSFULLY??????
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:46:33 PM by Frank3d »

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 09:16:41 AM »

Hey Frank,
Yes, I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Microsoft updates applied daily. So I'm completely up to date.
I've got no shortage of complex conditional macros :)
They're running just fine. Perhaps it's time to get back down to the basics.
Start a brand-new AHP file. A single module. A single macro. Plug the hardware module in right next to the
CM15. Build that macro ONE step at a time. No complex conditions at first. If you get 100% reliability,
then add the next condition...and so on...
You really need to make sure the CM15 and AHP are both working satisfactorily and reliably for peace-of-mind.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

Frank3d

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 02:51:56 PM »

Hey Frank,
Yes, I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Microsoft updates applied daily. So I'm completely up to date.
I've got no shortage of complex conditional macros :)
They're running just fine. Perhaps it's time to get back down to the basics.
Start a brand-new AHP file. A single module. A single macro. Plug the hardware module in right next to the
CM15. Build that macro ONE step at a time. No complex conditions at first. If you get 100% reliability,
then add the next condition...and so on...
You really need to make sure the CM15 and AHP are both working satisfactorily and reliably for peace-of-mind.

Troll334,
I have five macros that work fine and everything else works fine too. Only when adding any kind of condition to one of the macros does it stop working.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 03:28:38 PM »

Hmmm,
Just for grins, try this:
Add your conditions. Empty AHP's trashcan.
File, Save As
Give it a new filename. Close AHP.
Clear out the CM15, remove his batteries, unplug him.
Let stand for a few minutes.
Reconnect (batts included).
Start AHP and open the newly named file.
Download to the CM15 and see what happens.
I know I've seen the guys talking about trashcan and clearing the CM15 before.
Nothin' 2 loose!
let us know...
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »

Empty AHP's trashcan.
....... I know I've seen the guys talking about trashcan and clearing the CM15 before.

Clear the macro and empty the trash. Clear the memory of the CM15A. Recreate the macro and save under a new file name.
Download the new file to the CM15A.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Frank3d

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

Empty AHP's trashcan.
....... I know I've seen the guys talking about trashcan and clearing the CM15 before.

Clear the macro and empty the trash. Clear the memory of the CM15A. Recreate the macro and save under a new file name.
Download the new file to the CM15A.

OK but can you please be more specific. Under "Tools" I see "Empty Deleted Modules", "Clear History", and "Purge Delayed Macro Events" TNX

HA Dave

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

Frank3d

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »

"Empty Deleted Modules"
Well here's a good one for you all. I tried all the above suggestions from all of you and still no TIME conditional macros would execute. I then tried days of the week or specific days that I had not tried previously and the macros worked. OK that started a fire in my brain. I said with this info I'm gonna figure it out once and for all. Just for the heck of it I tried an exact time condition but reversed the BEFORE / AFTER condition setting.. When the current time is 11:45am and I set the macro condition for "BEFORE" 11:00am Ill be darn it worked. So then I set a new condition for "BEFORE DAWN" with my current time being 11:55am. Darn that worked also. So now I'm thinking AHP sees AM and PM reversed.[/color] My PC time and the Interface time in hardware interface config are both correct. I updated the interface while in the hardware interface config screen but that did not help. I also changed AHP clock to the 24hr format and still this symptom of AM and PM seem to be reversed. Oh well at least I have a work around now. Any thoughts you all?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:08:16 PM by Frank3d »

HA Dave

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »

............ Oh well at least I have a work around now. Any thoughts you all?

Work-arounds are (IMHO)... a big part of this technology. Sticking at the effort and trying different methods is what makes a great setup.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »

Despite you confirming that your time and time zone are correct, it almost seems like your clock is off by 12 hours for some reason.
You might want to try changing the Windows time AND time zone to something very different (London time, for example), then changing it back.

Frank3d

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »

Despite you confirming that your time and time zone are correct, it almost seems like your clock is off by 12 hours for some reason.
You might want to try changing the Windows time AND time zone to something very different (London time, for example), then changing it back.
Noam, Tried that too. No luck. I'm using V3.294 and am very much suspecting its the AHP software causing these problems. I sure wish X10 would confirm this. I hate to upgrade since everything else is working prefect especially my 5 cameras. I did some extensive testing yesterday and here's what I came up with. When current time is 6:50pm macro cond. set for After 6:45pm does not work. Current time is 6:54pm and macro cond. set for After 6:59pm it works OK. So in this case any current time that is BEFORE the macro cond after time, it works OK. Backwards. In the next test my my Dawn is 7:21am and my Dusk is 5:51pm current time is 7:17pm with macro condition After Dusk does not work however Before Dusk works OK. Backwords again. In the next test macro cond set for Start at Dusk and end at Dawn and current time is 7:24pm works OK. However start at Dawn and end at Dusk with the current time 7:30am does not work but here's the crazy part when the macro cond is set for Dusk to Dawn and current time is 7:35am it works OK. I did notice one thing using the between times condition and that is if the times cross midnight it works every time.  I will experiment with 2 conditions in a macro tonight, a AFTER and a OR BEFORE time and will see what happins. I have read many posts on how Dawn / Dusk and specific time conditions have given folks many problems in the past. 

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 01:23:11 PM »

Time conditions cannot cross midnight.
AHP evaluates time ONLY in a 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM window.
If the condition is true, then it continues.

Given this, setting a time condition of "Between DUSK and DAWN" will always evaluate FALSE, because there is never a time that is between DUSK and 11:59 PM, and also BEFORE DAWN.

I don't know why your condition logic seems to be backward. I suspect you might still be doing something wrong with AHP, or with your testing accidentally.

If you want something to only happen between DUSK and 11:59 PM, OR between 12:00 AM and DAWN, then you need to break it up into two separate macros, each with half the condition.
If you give them both the same trigger address (ex: A4 ON), then they will work like IF-THEN-ELSE logic.

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »

If you want something to only happen between DUSK and 11:59 PM, OR between 12:00 AM and DAWN, then you need to break it up into two separate macros, each with half the condition.
If you give them both the same trigger address (ex: A4 ON), then they will work like IF-THEN-ELSE logic.

Then what does the "nighttime" condition do? I'm using the nighttime condition for my front door open turn light on macro and it is only turning the light on at night, between dusk and dawn. I know the nighttime condition uses 2 slots so I assume it is like saying if the time is between 12:00am and dawn or dusk and 11:59pm.

But, when I first tried using the between time and set it to after dusk and before dawn, it did not work and the light never turned on. Which would prove what you say about crossing midnight. But I would think you could either set 2 conditions of 12:00am to dawn OR dusk to 11:59pm or just use the nighttime condition which is basically doing the latter in one condition.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »

Then what does the "nighttime" condition do? I'm using the nighttime condition for my front door open turn light on macro and it is only turning the light on at night, between dusk and dawn. I know the nighttime condition uses 2 slots so I assume it is like saying if the time is between 12:00am and dawn or dusk and 11:59pm.

But, when I first tried using the between time and set it to after dusk and before dawn, it did not work and the light never turned on. Which would prove what you say about crossing midnight. But I would think you could either set 2 conditions of 12:00am to dawn OR dusk to 11:59pm or just use the nighttime condition which is basically doing the latter in one condition.
Exactly.
From my conversations with the X10 developers 5 years ago (when I was a beta tester for the SmartMacros plugin), the "nighttime" condition DOES use up two of the condition slots, because it does exactly that. It splits the condition (between 12:00AM and dawn, OR between dusk and 11:59PM).
The reason I suggested using two separate macros, is if you want to have any other conditions, they may not work correctly with an "or" condition.

Frank3d

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »

Exactly.
From my conversations with the X10 developers 5 years ago (when I was a beta tester for the SmartMacros plugin), the "nighttime" condition DOES use up two of the condition slots, because it does exactly that. It splits the condition (between 12:00AM and dawn, OR between dusk and 11:59PM).
The reason I suggested using two separate macros, is if you want to have any other conditions, they may not work correctly with an "or" condition.
Noam, Still not having much luck. I also tried to create timers for this macro but there is no stop time shown to set however there is a start and stop time shown when I look at creating a timer in the camera or wall switch modules.
Can I ask you to suggest exactly how to set this up? This is what I have so far. F4 is the macro trigger, select the backyard camera A4, then 1 sec delay, then select preset position "Pool", 1 sec delay, snapshot, 1sec delay, snapshot, 1 sec delay, snapshot, 1 sec delay, snapshot, 1 sec delay, RF command A4 off. I want this to run ONLY during the day, say dawn to dusk. How would you or anyone else propose I should modify this set up without flags if possible. Thanks to all for your inputs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.