Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: iWatchOut crashing ActiveHome Pro  (Read 14594 times)

MEBCS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
iWatchOut crashing ActiveHome Pro
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »

ActiveHome Pro crashes everytime it tries to load the iWatchOut module.
If I remove it from the "ahp_plugin.xml" file ActiveHome Pro loads fine.

i.e I removed:
    <plugin id="AHXAVX" href="avx.dll"/>

iWatchMobile and iWatchMobile Pro both load fine.

Everytine was fine this morning.  Now I can't run anything (Video)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:04:14 PM by MEBCS »

Deidrich

Re: iWatchOut crashing ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »

I have the same problem.

I just purchased ActiveHome Pro with iWatchout, onAlaert, MyGarage Pro, and Macros. Everytime I install, whenever I install iWatchout or MyGarage Pro the same thing happens. ActiveHome Pro starts, attempts to load the iWatchout module and it crashes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »

If you just got AHP and the plug-ins, try uninstalling everything and reinstall your plug-ins first, then install AHP.  That may sound funny, but with 3.3.05 you HAVE to do it that way.   As they said in a TV commercial "Try It, You'll like it!!!!"
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Deidrich

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the order I installed did not work. I did find the problem however. When you install iWatchOut, plug in the USB Digital Video Converter when asked for. It will them work. My problem is that I had not received the adapter yet. I had just received the software, and had tried installing the rest prior to receiving that piece.

Thanks

rdyer

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »

Same problem here..New (well it's been xx number of years since I last used it) ActiveHome Pro purchase came with several plugins free, I installed all of them after installing AHP.  The iWatchOut immediatly detected and tried to load my Dell MOntior Camera by default (I do not have/own any USB X-10 Cameras) and crashed the program everytime.  As suggested in the post by MEBCS (many thanks!) I remove it from the "ahp_plugin.xml" file ActiveHome Pro loads fine.

i.e I removed:
    <plugin id="AHXAVX" href="avx.dll"/>

The application now loads and does not crash.

I think it may be related to the application grabbing a non x-10 camera as I was also able to "disable" the Dell Monitor Camera driver and the program also loaded just fine.

tbronson

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »

He,s correct, a lot of people have wasted there money and i have wasted a year putzing with   these very poor quality so called cameras and moble software . It has been a true nitemare.  Works one min and not the next.   Have to have a dedicated laptop  B:(or pc to run it.    I see on the internet that a company now has Hd IP cameras that cost a bit more but has high quality zoom and resulution and can be controled over smart phones and pc's also.  These cameras arent a joke like x 10 mobel camera and mobel software.  I can't afford them now but will in the future start off with one. Let you know how turns out

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.