Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: *One thread* for Error 500 Server not found  (Read 34541 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
*One thread* for Error 500 Server not found
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »

i am operating iwatch out mobile on my iphone 3g. ive disabled my fire wall on the computer. i can view my cameras on the phone using wifi but when i click on the 3g link in the e-mail iy starts to load then says error 500 server stoped responding. any help please.

djern

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: error 500 server stoped responding
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

I have had the iWatchMobile Pro and Garage Pro for 2 months.  Mine works the same as yours....Wifi works, internet returns the server error.  After numerous attempts for support, I received an email once confirming that the server had in fact been down for a while.  I retried to connect and actually connected for about 15 minutes.  That is the only time it ever connected over the internet for me.  I have since given up and wrote off the $30 as another waste to X-10.  Long story short........Don't get your hopes up!!

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »

i am operating iwatch out mobile on my iphone 3g. ive disabled my fire wall on the computer. i can view my cameras on the phone using wifi but when i click on the 3g link in the e-mail iy starts to load then says error 500 server stoped responding. any help please.

What is the exact email message you received?  We updated the servers at X10 Friday night -- That should help

djern

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »

We updated the servers at X10 Friday night -- That should help

Mine is now working so far.  Tuesday night.

Thanks !!

Update:  It's stopped again.  No real surprise.  Wednesday morning.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:48:38 AM by djern »

cjc5602

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

the email i send to my phone to log on is, 3G: http//iw.x10.com/iwatchpro?xid=38e50ac66384e7
i click on this link and it loads with this message, 500 error-server not found.
any help would be great thanks

geeforce

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

Hello cjc. I started out using the x10 server to view my cameras. Their server was set up to assist the people that don't use portforwarding. I think the problem with the server is so many are trying to use it that is crashing. It is only my thought of the situation. I would look into using portfowarding. It works for me everytime i us it. It may be something you might want to look into. It can be confusing at the start of setting it up but it is worth it and it is more reliable.

cjc5602

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »

any suggestions as to where to start with port forwarding, or any websites that detail the procedure.

geeforce

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »

This is the link to how i worked it out. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22112.0. The first thing to do is to get the computer's IP address that's running AHP, also you'll need the external IP address of that computer. You can get that info. from the web link in the link above. Next if the computer is connected to the internet through a router you'll need to access its configuration page. It is there you'll be putting in the Ip addresses. If you need any help I'll assist as much as i can. But your best help will come from the makers of your components: router, antivirus/firewall program, and DSL box.

cjc5602

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »

thanks man  >!

cjc5602

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 12:40:31 PM »

oooook, today i am going to attempt port forwarding. i am somewhat computer savy but when it comes to this stuff its all chinese to me. i managed to get the ip address from my iphone. it has 2 ip address, one for wifi and one for 3g. my question is when i get this all set up ( port forwarding ) than what do i do to access iwatch pro on my computer. not sure what to do since now i just click on the link in the email i sent myself.

geeforce

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

You need the IP address of the computer using AHP not the phone. The phones IP address is not needed. Follow the link i sent before to get the Computers IP address. That is the first step.

Here I'll rewrite it again. Go to the start icon on the desktop. If the OP system is windows 7. It is the first icon lower left. Find run or type in run in the program search. Once the run box is found type in cmd. The black DOS window will open type in ipconfig. Write down the IP address. It will look something like this 192. 162.X.X. The xs will be numbers. You will us that number to access your system using WiFi and also it will be needed for portforwarding. Once you have the IP address write it down and type exit to get out of the DOS window.

Use your cell and put that number in the web search address bar followed with :8777/iwatchpro. So it will look like XXX.XXX.X.X:8777/iwatchpro. If for some reason it doesn't work at first make sure your firewall is down. Disable the firewall to test it and later look in your firewall settings and give AHP and X10 devices free access.

The next Question i have is does the computer running AHP is it connected wirelessly or is it connected to the modem by a cable.

cjc5602

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »

Thanks again GeeForce, my computer is connected to the modem via cable with a wireless router. I followed your directions to a T and I understood how to do it. I was just unclear about the latter part as how to acres from my phone. Sometimes I forget that my phone is more computer than it is a phone.

cjc5602

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »

Hey GeeForce, I followed everything you said to do and it worked. Thanks

geeforce

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 01:36:09 AM »

Glad i could help. Now for the rest of it. Sorry for the late responce. Right now you can only access your cameras using WiFi. This is were the leg work comes in. I myself am connected to the internet using a laptop connected wirelessly to my router so bear with me on the rest.
From here you will need to contact your router manufacturer on the port forwarding. Unless you have the Cisco linksys router model E-1000; which is what i have. I can help with that model. If you want to try it yourself with another brand. you can try this web site for instructions. http://portforward.com/, but if you what the easy way. Contact your router's manufacturer, and then contact the company that made your DSL/Cable modem on doing a bridge. The DSL/Cable modem also has firewalls in them. Remember the ports you need open for connection is (internal 8777) and (external 8775). Also with your router setup see if you can exclude the computers IP address from being reassigned by the router. If not you'll need to create a static IP address. This is very important, because it will work for a time but it will not later. Talk with your router company when you do talk with them about this. Write down your router's address page if you don't have the software to access it, because you'll be going back an forth with the setup of it.
To access the cameras from the web you'll need your computers internet IP address. You can find that from this link. http://checkip.dyndns.com/. Type in that IP address followed with :8777/iwatchpro. This is the bulk of portforwarding. Once you have this done the rest is fine tuning. Let me know once you get this done, and I'll help you with the fine tuning. DYNDNS is a safe site and will be a part of the fine tuning process. Good luck and it is worth it.

geeforce

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

I just noticed something. I was reviewing my posts to you. At the bottom right of your posts window you'll see your internet IP address. I can see mine but no body elses; which is a good thing. It is the address you'll need to access your cameras via the web.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.