Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Switch Not Working - But can turn on/off from ActiveHome  (Read 2666 times)

atomicx6637

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Switch Not Working - But can turn on/off from ActiveHome
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »

I have a switch installed that was working until recently.  Now the switch itself will not dim or turn on/off.  However if I go into the Active Home software I can turn it on/off and dim it.

Any ideas why the switch itself wouldn't be working?

Thanks
Troy

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Switch Not Working - But can turn on/off from ActiveHome
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:18:11 AM »

Does the Local Paddle on the switch work?
If it is stuck full On. Try moving the built-in kill switch used for bulb changing to Off then back On. If it then works correctly it was scrambled by noise. If it is still stuck On and can't be controlled. It has probably failed.

If the Local Paddle works. The power line control signal from the CM15A or CM19A with TM751 is not reaching the problem switch.
AHP can show changes on the computer screen and the switch itself may not respond.

Can you give us more details on what you have. Then we can have a better shot at helping you.

atomicx6637

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »

I can control the switch via the ACP (on, off, and dim.)  The master slide on the switch itself will turn off the light, but not turn it back on (this is the slider under the rocker paddle.)

I'm not sure what else I can give you, let me know if there should be something I can test farther.

Thanks
Troy

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

That "master switch" is the disconnect switch. It is designed to cut all power for when you are changing bulbs, etc. As far as I know, it isn't supposed to turn the light ON at all.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »

Correct. If you slide the safety switch off. While the light is On. It will go Off and stay Off when the safety switch is slid back to On.
Unless you slide it real fast Off and Back On and the electronics don't have time to discharge or there is a defect in the module.

atomicx6637

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »

Ok I will try another module and see if it works if that is the case then the first module must be bad.

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:50:43 AM »

The slide switch is a master disconnect to turn the power off while changing light bulbs.  It is not intended to be used to turn the light on and off.  That's what the pushbutton is for.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.