Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Challenge: Automate turning woofers on/off via theater receiver.  (Read 21604 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Challenge: Automate turning woofers on/off via theater receiver.
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »

Cut the head off and attach to PSC01. Power goes on, power supply goes on, PSC01 sends its command, and all done.
This is a cleaner solution than my 120V relay suggestion, since you don't have to worry about insulating the coil contacts of the relay. Next time we will require a complete inventory of your electrical junk box.   rofl

This should work well!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

kamiller42

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »

I thought I would give you guys an update on this. It is working. The PAO11 was a poor choice because it's not what I thought it would. I thought each socket would get its own circuit like a regular wall outlet. Instead, this device is nothing but a 2 socket power strip with a built-in PAM02. So, I went with 2 PAM02's being controlled by the PSC01. I attached a low power power supply to the PSC01. The power supply is controlled by the switched outlet on the back of the receiver.

It's almost perfect. Where it's not perfect is in its timing during power up. The outlets trigger immediately when the receiver is powered on and delayed when the receiver is powering off. Technically, the power up should be delayed and the power off should be immediate due to possible signal spikes during receiver power on and off. The receiver or the sub seem to handle it well. I have not noticed any spiking. So, this will work just fine.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »

Is the wall wart DC?
If so the power supply has to discharge enough for the PSC01 to send the Off signal.
You could use a low voltage wall wart type supply that outputs AC. The Off delay would be much less but it would do nothing to add some on delay.

I will see if I can find any premade timer boards that can be used for a delayed On and fast Off. That can be used to trigger the PSC01 in dry contact mode.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:48:30 AM by Brian H »

kamiller42

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »

Is the wall wart DC?
If so the power supply has to discharge enough for the PSC01 to send the Off signal.
You could use a low voltage wall wart type supply that outputs AC. The Off delay would be much less but it would do nothing to add some on delay.

I will see if I can find any premade timer boards that can be used for a delayed On and fast Off. That can be used to trigger the PSC01 in dry contact mode.
Yup. It's DC. I didn't know you could get one that outputs AC. I had this one laying around the house, and it does work. It's just not a CE grade solution. An audio CE manufacturer would implement the way I described.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:58 PM »

SyncroLinc does not have an option for an X10 address to be added.
Should control Insteon modules linked to it.
I may break down and buy one to try along with an iMeterSolo power use recording module.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

X10 is not needed in this situation, use a synchrolinc on the receiver and an insteon appliance module on the woofers
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.