Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220058 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »

This thread was started as a way to have a single list to track all current AHP bugs.
With this list, the developers have a single place to check for reports of new issues, and can ask for more detail in the thread if needed.
The moderators have complied this list, and are keeping it current. As new bugs are reported, they get added to the top of the "Outstanding Bugs" section.
When the developers report a bug that has been fixed, it gets moved to the "Reported Fixed Bugs" section.
Once users can confirm a bug has been fixed, it is moved to the "Confirmed Fixed Bugs" section at the bottom.
Please let us know if there are bugs that are not listed, or if you can confirm that any of the "Reported Fixed" bugs have been fixed in the latest release.

List of outstanding Bugs as of 3.318:
Bugs that have been reported by the users, and are waiting to be fixed by the developers:

* SDK sends multiple RF commands when used with a CM19A

(v3.318, added 5/15/2012 by Tuicemen)

*AHP fails to load after locking up. If AHP is running and and locks up, a task manager "kill" results in AHP failing to load next time. It also sometimes stops SDK-built programs from working. An "error getting X10 net interface" appears. Some have noticed this with improper PC shut downs, or with a certain Windows Update in Windows 7. Fixing this should be considered a high-priority.

(3/25/2011: Confirmed by X10 developer, but seemingly rare and hard to reproduce at the time. That developer has left X10 since then.)

* User is prompted to choose a file location and name when saving their AHX file, if they used the "browse" function during their session in AHP (such as when adding a Windows command to a macro). The folder defaults to the last-used folder, not the one from which the AHX file was loaded.

(added 2/6/2012 by Noam, but I think it has been around a long time. Confirmed still present in 3.318)

* Commands are no longer "grouped" in macros (ex: "E1, E2, E On" is now "E1, E On, E2, E On").

(v3.318, added 12/27/2011 by Noam)

* Video freezes when other X10 activity occurs.

(v3.314, added 11/2/2011 by Noam, Still reported in 3.318)

* AHP crashes with a runtime error when adding an SC546A Chime Module from the "Pro Modules" category.

(original version unknown, added 10/19/2011 by Noam)

* Macros triggered by a security sensor are run twice, while macros triggered by a normal HC/UC are run only once.

(v3.318, added 10/11/2011 by Noam)

* After upgrading to version 3.318, you can no longer downgrade to an earlier version by installing it over the top of the current one. You need to uninstall the newer one first.

(v3.318, added 10/6/2011 by Noam)

* Macros triggered by an "Off" command (ex: C9 Off) blink when the "On" command (ex: C9 On) is received, but not when the "Off" command is received. The macros still run correctly, though (this is purely cosmetic).

(added 6/26/2011 by Noam, but I think it has been around a long time. Confirmed still present in 3.318)

* After downloading to the CM15A and exiting the program, the "Download needed" indicator returns to the status bar the next time AHP is opened, even if no changes were made. Downloading again does not properly clear the flag (see next item for more).

(v3.311 added 4/18/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.318)

* When a download is needed, the "Exit without downloading?" prompt is not working properly. The user is prompted, "Are you sure you want to exit without downloading?" "Yes" correctly closes AHP without downloading. "No" currently exits without downloading, but clears the "download needed" indication - which is clearly wrong. It should either close the dialog and return to AHP, or download and exit (in which case it should be changed to "Download and Exit"). "Cancel" closes the dialog and returns to AHP. This is fine if "No" would exits WITH a download). However, if "No" is going to close the dialog and return to AHP, then "Cancel" is not needed.

(v3.311 added 4/18/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.318)

* Turning on a SoftStart module that was dimmed before being turned off results in an Extended Dim command to the previous dim state, instead of the full 100%. In AHP, the slider momentarily goes to the previous dim state, but then goes to 100%.

(v3.310 added 4/14/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.318)

* AHSDK sometimes crashes, which prevents any further SDK commands until the "debug" notice is closed.

(first noticed around v 3.305, added 4/6/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.316)

* Changing a module between "Lamps" and "Old Lamps" does not change the color of the bar at the top until you go out of the room (or AHP) and go back in.

(v 3.310, added 3/25/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.318)
   (ErikP 3/25/2011: Confirmed, but low priority since it is purely cosmetic)

* "Florescent Decorator Switch" (WS13A-L) sends extended commands if defined as a "New" lamp.

* SDK sends extended commands for Unit codes defined as SoftStart modules in AHP. This happens when sending a specific "ON" command.

(ErikP 3/25/2011: Currently all commands are run through the same code path which slightly alters commands based on hardware states, so SDK commands may be converted based on module status.  This isn't really ideal, so is now on the active bug list.)

* Changing a module between "Lamps" and "Old Lamps" should keep the current "module type" selection, instead of defaulting to the first item in the list.

(v 3.302, added 3/25/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in 3.318)
   (ErikP 3/25/2011: This is intended behavior because only with the "Old Lamps" and "Lamps" is it possible for the module type to exist in more than one category.  I will put this in the active bug list, since it would be convenient for those who need to switch module types.)

* The CM15A sends duplicate commands from timers and macros after a reboot or restart of x10nets, until AHP is opened and closed.

(added 3/23/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in 3.318)
    (ErikP 3/29/2011: Problem CAN be duplicated in testing. This is on the list to look into.)

* Opening the Activity Monitor starts two new iexplore.exe processes, without windows. They don't stop when you close AHP.

(added 2/19/2011, confirmed still present in 3.318)

* The "Check for Update" function cannot find new versions of AHP.

(broken since v3.228 9/5/2008, confirmed still broken as of 10/04/2011 - v3.316 can't find update to 3.318)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: Confirmed.  This is at the top of my regular priority work list.  Its been delayed a bit due to a lot of high priority workload recently, but should be ready soon.  The bug is entirely server side, so once it is fixed it will not require an AHP update to take effect.)
[/color]

List of Bugs that have been REPORTED fixed as of 3.318:
Bugs reported as fixed by the developers, but not yet confirmed by the users:

* Video goes black and/or flickers in AHP.

(v3.315 added 6/16/2011 by Noam)
   (reported fixed in 3.316 7/1/2011. Waiting for confirmation from users)

* The Intro Wizard crashes, when trying to go through the Timers or Macro sections.

(added 4/11/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.314)
   (Reported fixed in 3.315 6/9/2011 - waiting for confirmation from the users)

* There are no Dim, bright or extended X10 messages being sent with the CM19A TM751 combination

(added 2/7/2011)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: Fixed in 3.310.  Please let me know if you are seeing anything different, this is kind of important since its really the core functionality of the application.)

List of Bugs that have been CONFIRMED fixed as of 3.318:
Bugs confirmed as fixed by the users:
* Macros with time-based conditions do not work for some users. Other conditions work fine for those users.
    (added 3/6/2011 by Noam, Fixed in 3.315 6/9/2011)
* Non-SoftStart lamp modules fail to turn on when a dusk on timer is used. I haven't tested the dawn setting or a off one.
    (problem began with 3.302, but proper settings took care of this one)
* Module history button should return the last transactions for that device's address, not actions for all house codes.
    (added 2/12/2011, corrected in 3.310)
* Dim Status of new softstart defaults to either "Off" or "100%"when the Status Report is opened or AHP is closed and reopened.
    (added 1/19/2011 by Noam, corrected in 3.310)
* The CM15A does not correctly adjust for Daylight Savings Time when not connected to the PC.
    (corrected in v 3.264 3/23/2010)
* The issue with installing plug-ins after AHP still causes issues.
    (added 1/6/2011, fixed with new installer in v3.310)
* Installing iwatchout (video plug-in) causes AHP to fail.
    (fixed with new installer in v3.310)
* AHP and the SDK still reports info received from some security sensors
    In my case I get M1 SOCIALITE, c8,...... reported with the SDK and M MTCDDVD in AHP

(fixed in 3.318 10/3/2011)

Edited 5/16/2012 by Noam. Edited two items for clarity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:41:56 AM by Noam »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »

well I'm not sure whats going on! ??? ???
I decided that maybe the like at the download center was pointing to the wrong file.
So I went to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/  and downloaded the file. hey third time was a charm! ::) :'
now if the link in AHP would work it would save a lot of hassle! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »

went there, done that.  still at 3.296 one one xp sp3.  maybe this one needs 4 tries.  win7 64bit updated first try.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »

well I'm glade it's not me! rofl
I thought I was going crazy. I'm not sure if it is the link at http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm that is in compatible with some versions or It just needs 3-4 tries ::) :'
in any case the link I posted first only took one install try, however I had tried twice before with the other link! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »

went there, done that.  still at 3.296 one one xp sp3.  maybe this one needs 4 tries.  win7 64bit updated first try.
Did the version listed next to the link say 3.296, or 3.304?
If the version listed on that page was not correct, you probably need to clear your browser cache and try again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:58 AM »

Version states 3.304  ;)
Or at least it did here! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »

Version states 3.304  ;)

Then I'm confused. Did it download an earlier version? Since they keep overwriting the same installer with the new version, perhaps there was still a caching issue int the browser.

Now, perhaps we need a sticky post at the top, with an itemized list of the "bugs," where they status can be listed (open / in progress / fixed).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

I thought as bugs were found or fixed I could add/remove them from the first post in this thread!
this way a programmer wouldn't have to sort threw multi posts/threads.
Seems the issue with installing plug-ins first then AHP may still be a bug as well! B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »

Version states 3.304  ;)

that is same link I used and it definitely said 3.304 for me too. It worked on an win7 32bit machine first try then immediately after that (10 minutes?) I downloaded again same link and it did not work on the xp 3 times.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:39 AM »

I thought I had installed 3.301 but today it says I only have 2.96. I have no idea what is going on. I am running XP sp3. Any ideas? Also where can I get 3.3 04? The following link only takes me to 2.296.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »

Try clearing your browser cache, and downloading again.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

I thought I had installed 3.301 but today it says I only have 2.96. I have no idea what is going on. I am running XP sp3. Any ideas? Also where can I get 3.3 04? The following link only takes me to 2.296.

Go to http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm , the first item is 3.304.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
Dim Status not Saving (AHP 3.304 and SoftStart)
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »

I just replaced two older Lamp Modules with newer SoftStart ones.
I changed the module type in AHP, saved, and re-downloaded to the CM15A.
I confirmed that the correct Extended dim code was sent at the proper time (using the timers), and that the lamps are actually dimmed to the correct level.
However, when I go into AHP, it shows those lamps are off. All of my other lights (defined either as "old" lamp modules, or as Florescent Decorator switches) store the correct on/off/dim states.
I re-set the module to the correct brightness in AHP, (even though it was already there), and closed AHP again.
When I re-opened, those two were showing as "off" again.
I'm using AHP 3.304 on Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit.

Has anyone else see this behavior?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »

I ran into a similar problem today, downloading the new SDK at work.
It kept downloading the old version.
I wonder if there is a caching issue on the proxy server or something...
(I ended up copying the file from my home PC, using a remote session).

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »

Let me give an update on the "Dim Status" problem I found, based on some tests I did this morning.

Setting the dim level using Extended Codes (as is done using the GUI if the module is defined as a "SoftStart" module, or using the AHCMD at the command line), displays correctly in the GUI. However, closing AHP, or just opening the Status Report (press F3 to open it) causes the dim level to either rise to 100%, or drop to 0% (off).
This depends on what the last "on/off" state of the module was, according to AHP. In other words, AHP is only storing the "ON" or "OFF" state, and igoring any Extended dim codes after that.
However, if I use AHCMD to send "standard" bright or dim commands, those are stored correctly.

Also, it seems that AHP is not interpreting an ExtCode 31 3f (immediate full brightness) command properly.
AHP is flipping the toggle on the switch to "ON," but leaving the brighness at the last level it was at. In other words, if I used a extended code to set the brightness to "0", then sending a "3f" flips the toggle back on, but leaves the slider at the bottom.
Without a lamp module here at work, I can't say if the SDK is sending it correctly or not, but I see what AHP shows).

I have a feeling these two are related, and the same code fix might correct both issues.

I reported it to the developers, I am waiting to hear something back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.