Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220400 times)

ErikP

Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:29 PM »

Erik -
I updated the Bug List that this was fixed. Do you have any information as to what version fixed it?

According the code repository it was updated in Oct of 2008.  I don't know what release build that change made it into, but presumably something around that time frame, maybe 3.236?  If not then, then it looks like one of my predecessors fixed it but never released it.  In that case the first release I worked on would have inherited the fix which was 3.264.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »

Erik -
I updated the Bug List that this was fixed. Do you have any information as to what version fixed it?

According the code repository it was updated in Oct of 2008.  I don't know what release build that change made it into, but presumably something around that time frame, maybe 3.236?  If not then, then it looks like one of my predecessors fixed it but never released it.  In that case the first release I worked on would have inherited the fix which was 3.264.

According to my notes, 3.236 was released on 9/5/2008, so it wouldn't have made it into that version.
The next version released, 3.264, was released on 3/23/2010. Since there was no mention of the DST fix in that release, or in any release after it, it was assumed that it hadn't been fixed.
There have now been two transitions to test on (11/7/2010 and 3/13/2011). Other than one post from a user whose PC died right before the November change (and was probably on an older version of AHP), I didn't see any mention of problems with those two DST transitions. I already moved it to the "Fixed" list, but I'll add that it was fixed in 3.264.

ErikP

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »

Sorry, I always associate OCTober with the number 8, and I forget its actually the 10th month   B:(

Using a correct numbering of months though that makes sense :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »

Sorry, I always associate OCTober with the number 8, and I forget its actually the 10th month   B:(

Using a correct numbering of months though that makes sense :)

Well, according to an article I found here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_October_not_the_eighth_month
it USED to be the eighth month.

The Romans (it's always THEIR fault, right?) added the months of July and August, which shifted the rest of the months down.
SEPTember, OCTober, NOVember, and DECember used to be the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th months of the year. Of course, the calendar was inaccurate, so they needed to add two months to fix it. I don't know why they didn't add them AFTER December, though.   B:(

ErikP

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »

* The "Check for Update" function cannot find new versions of AHP.
    (broken since v3.228 9/5/2008, confirmed still broken as of 3.306)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: Confirmed.  This is at the top of my regular priority work list.  Its been delayed a bit due to a lot of high priority workload recently, but should be ready soon.  The bug is entirely server side, so once it is fixed it will not require an AHP update to take effect.)

I know this issue is near and dear to some of you, so I just wanted to drop a quick Friday update.  I will not be able to release this before the weekend, sorry everyone.  I have an internal server rigged for testing, which is generating the correct responses to AHP to make this functionality work.  Unfortunately, the dev build of AHP is crashing in the process of shutting down before it starts the installer, so this is going to take some more time than initially estimated.

rock99rock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »

ErikP,

Not sure if you are the Ericb@ I've had email correspondence with at x10, but I just wanted to check.

"* Macros with time-based conditions do not work for some users. Other conditions work fine for those users.
    (added 3/6/2011 by Noam)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: No repro in testing.  I have been getting intermittent reports of this from a few sources, but have never been able to reproduce it in testing.  Even more odd the bug seems to disappear without any fixes from most reports i have gotten.  If you don't mind sending me your ahx files containing a macro showing this bug i would be happy to try and reproduce this again using those files.)
"

This is my bug, and I had sent in my ahx files over 2 months ago for testing.  I have yet to receive any feedback since then.  Its so frustrating not getting anywhere with this situation, as im sure so many have already given up.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:28 AM »

ErikP,

Not sure if you are the Ericb@ I've had email correspondence with at x10, but I just wanted to check.

Nope, they are two different people (I've dealt with both of them).

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »

I added another bug to the list:
* AHSDK sometimes crashes, which prevents any further SDK commands until the "debug" notice is closed.

I think I first noticed this with v3.305 (when the newer SDK was released), but it may have started a bit earlier.
It does not happen every time, so I can't repeat it reliably.
I didn't add it to the list until another user reported the same issue. Now I know it isn't just me. ;)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

I haven't noticed this myself but other users of my software have reported it! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »

I added another bug:

* The Intro Wizard crashes, when trying to go through the Timers or Macro sections.

(added 4/11/2011 by Noam)

This one has been around for a very long time (since the initial release, perhaps?), but never was added to the list.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »

I'm trying to keep the Bug List current, so one again, I'm asking if everyone can test the bugs that ErikP either reported were fixed in 3.310, or couldn't reproduce.
I'd like to move as many as possible to the "Fixed" list, but I can't if nobody can confirm that they actually are fixed.

Here are the ones I'm interested in feedback on:

* Macros with time-based conditions do not work for some users. Other conditions work fine for those users.

(added 3/6/2011 by Noam)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: No repro in testing.  I have been getting intermittent reports of this from a few sources, but have never been able to reproduce it in testing.  Even more odd the bug seems to disappear without any fixes from most reports i have gotten.  If you don't mind sending me your ahx files containing a macro showing this bug i would be happy to try and reproduce this again using those files.)

* If AHP is running and and locks up, a task manager "kill" results in AHP failing to load next time. It also stops SDK-built programs from working. An "error getting X10 net interface" appears. Some have noticed this with improper PC shut downs, as well.

(ErikP 3/25/2011: Confirmed, but very rare.  I have only seen it once, and have not been able to repro since in order to do any more testing.  If you have this bug now or can reproduce it, please send me a copy of your x10active.xml from the broken state.  By default this is located in C:\Users\All Users\X10 Settings.)

* The issue with installing plug-ins after AHP still causes issues.

(added 1/6/2011)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: No Repro in testing.  Ideally whatever lingering bugs there may have been around plug-in installation should have been fixed with the new installer framework this release, or at the very least transformed into newer and shinier bugs.)

* Installing iwatchout (video plug-in) causes AHP to fail.

(ErikP 3/25/2011: No Repro in testing.)

* There are no Dim, bright or extended X10 messages being sent with the CM19A TM751 combination

(added 2/7/2011)
    (ErikP 3/25/2011: Fixed in 310.  Please let me know if you are seeing anything different, this is kind of important since its really the core functionality of the application.)

Please reply here if you have any more information (good or bad) about any of these.
Thanks.
--Noam

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »

I've made another change to the format of the Bug List.
I split out the bugs that the developers have reported were fixed, but I haven't gotten confirmation on from users.
They are now in the "Reported Fixed" section of the list.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

In a new setup no other modules timers or macros.

Soft Start LM465 defined as such in AHP 3.310.

CM19A with TM751. Bright Dim and Extended commands.
Bright and Dim commands sent and it looks like level slider sends an On then a dim back down. I never saw any extended data on my 1132CU monitoring controller.

CM15A sends On Offs and Extended commands.

On thing I did notice with both interfaces. If you set the slider to a partial dim level. Turn the module off. Then turn it ON. The slider momentarily stops at the last place it was. Then jumps to 100% but the module goes to the last dim level set. Not full On.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »

On thing I did notice with both interfaces. If you set the slider to a partial dim level. Turn the module off. Then turn it ON. The slider momentarily stops at the last place it was. Then jumps to 100% but the module goes to the last dim level set. Not full On.

This is a bug. It is already on the list.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »

AHP 3.311 was released this morning.
This release is supposed to increase stability of AHP.
I was told there were no fixes to any of the bugs currently on the list, but it is possible that other issues may have crept in.
Please reply here if you find any new issues, or if you see any older issues that have been fixed.
I'm especially interested in the users who had problems installing updates before.
those issues should have been fixed with 3.310, but nobody confirmed it one way or another.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.