Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220435 times)

ssnui

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »

Yes, because I closed it by clicking on the x button. I know that MyHouse online requires AHP running all the time but I only runs it when I needed it. The X10nets is a server process running independent of AHP so I don't see any links regarding AHP and the X10nets memory consumption.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »

In that case, I'm not sure why it would start taking up large amounts of memory.
Did this only start when you upgraded to 3.313?
What version were you using prior to the upgrade?
What was your memory usage like using the prior version?

If the previous version didn't have the memory issues, you may want to try downgrading to an earlier version, and then re-installing the upgrade. It is also possible that reinstalling the current 3.313 might also make a difference.

Another possibility is that your AHX file might be corrupted. Even with AHP closed, the x10nets service makes use of your AHX file.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 09:18:14 AM »

I've been running some limited tests on this as being at the cottage I'm limited to my notebook.
the x10nets memory does increase each time AHP or a SDK created program is opened.
Closing a SDK created program does reduce the memory X10nets is using however it doesn't return to its original memory usage.
Closing AHP causes the X10nets memory usage to jump then return to the usage when AHP was open then moments later increase again without anything using it!
Opening AHP again causes the mem usage of X10nets to spike again going higher each time one open and closes AHP.
Since this occurs each time a user open/closes AHP then the memory usage would climb out of control.
Now since I have this on a note book it isn't possible to see if the X10 nets mem usage returns to original over a long period of inactivity but with the interface connected I would assume it would increase for each command received.
I'll perform a more indepth test once I return home.

Definitely something that needs to be looked at here.

A point to note is I'm using same plugins as ssnui plus iwatchout (video plug-in) No interface connected

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »

I sent an e-mail to the developers, asking them to take a look at this thread, and try to replicate the issue.
I'm waiting to hear back from them before I add it to the "Bug List," since I haven't seen any other reports of the issue.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »

I sent an e-mail to the developers, asking them to take a look at this thread, and try to replicate the issue.
I'm waiting to hear back from them before I add it to the "Bug List," since I haven't seen any other reports of the issue.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
I got a reply from one of the developers. He is going to look into this. He has a few ideas of where to look first, but he'll update me (us?) when he has something more concrete. 
I'll pass along any more info I get.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »

Version 3.314 was just released on Tuesday night.
It wasn't a "bug fix" release, but I tested all of the existing bugs I could anyway. As expected, none of the ones I tested are fixed with this update.
There are a few I was unable to test, so if anyone can test the ones I didn't update, please do so and let me know.
I'm still waiting for someone to confirm is Extended Commands work with the CM19A/TM751 combination - it should have been fixed in 3.310, but none of the users have confirmed this for me. I'd like to take it off the "Pending Confirmation" list.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2011, 02:05:13 PM »

* AHP prompts to download to the CM15A when opening the program, even if no changes were made to the program since the last download.   this looks like it is fixed but I'll give it a few days as it took a few days after last update for this to pop up on my machine.
Doing some more test with the memory leak on WIN 7 64 bit and I can recreate it here. Sending plc or recieving RF doesn't increase the memory used so it apears it is the opening and closing of AHP or SDK programs.
Funny the memory usage starts off much lower on Win 7 then XP ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »

* AHP prompts to download to the CM15A when opening the program, even if no changes were made to the program since the last download.   this looks like it is fixed but I'll give it a few days as it took a few days after last update for this to pop up on my machine.
I stopped this issue on my system, but in a strange (still buggy) way. When prompted if I still want to exit without downloading, I clicked "No." However, AHP exited anyway! When I opened it back up, I no longer had the prompt. I can re-create this every time, it seems, just my making a change (to trigger the prompt again). Still is a bug in 3.314. I just updated the list, since I was able to confirm it.

Doing some more test with the memory leak on WIN 7 64 bit and I can recreate it here. Sending plc or recieving RF doesn't increase the memory used so it apears it is the opening and closing of AHP or SDK programs.
Funny the memory usage starts off much lower on Win 7 then XP ;)
 >!
I can't reproduce the issue in testing, but I've been rebooting my system a lot more lately, for other reasons.
Were you able to get the memory use up as high as the other user reported? Does using SDK programs, or using the AHCMD.exe also cause the memory issue?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:14:46 PM by Noam »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »

I haven't tested the AHCMD but Programs using the SDK do cause the X10Nets memory usage to go up as well.
they don't seem to cause it to go up when closing only opening.
I haven't got the memory usage up as reported I would suspect the PC to be left running 24/7 (no reboots) and one to open and close AHP or a SDK created program alot to get that high.
One thing I Just noticed if I open a SDK Built program and open and close AHP the memory usage doesn't increase.
If only one program is using the X10nets then opening and closing effects the mem usage ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

I updated the Bug List for version 3.315, which was released on 6/9/2011.
I tested everything I could, and updated the list accordingly.

There were only two bugs that were reported fixed with this release:

* Macros with time-based conditions do not work for some users. Other conditions work fine for those users.

* The Intro Wizard crashes, when trying to go through the Timers or Macro sections.

There is also one that was reported fixed a while back, but none of the users ever confirmed it here on the forums that it really was fixed:

* There are no Dim, bright or extended X10 messages being sent with the CM19A TM751 combination

Please test these out if you can, and report back here.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »

I will see if I can figure out how to determine if a CM19A with TM751 uses Bright , Dim and Extended Messages.
Will also try the Intro Wizard. With the CM15A it worked OK. Will post back with CM19A/TM751 results.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:32:13 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »

OK attached are two text files.
B1 is a Soft Start LM465 in AHP.
B2 is an old LM465 in AHP.
Sequence was B1 On, B2 On, B1 Off, B2 Off, B1 50% and B2 50%.
Monitored by a Smarthome 1132CU and Essential Software.
I believe the CM19A/TM751 combo maybe limited by the TM751 maybe not processing extended commands but that is just my personal thoughts.
Light levels for the B1 where not extended messages with the CM19A/TM751. Where full On then Dim Down.

iexplore.exe is sometimes left running after closing AHP. I think it maybe after running the Activity Monitor, but I have not done extensive tests for a sequence that leaves it running. In my case keeping 72,908K of memory in use.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:24:52 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2011, 08:50:25 AM »

OK attached are two text files.
B1 is a Soft Start LM465 in AHP.
B2 is an old LM465 in AHP.
Sequence was B1 On, B2 On, B1 Off, B2 Off, B1 50% and B2 50%.
Monitored by a Smarthome 1132CU and Essential Software.
I believe the CM19A/TM751 combo maybe limited by the TM751 maybe not processing extended commands but that is just my personal thoughts.
Light levels for the B1 where not extended messages with the CM19A/TM751. Where full On then Dim Down.

iexplore.exe is sometimes left running after closing AHP. I think it maybe after running the Activity Monitor, but I have not done extensive tests for a sequence that leaves it running. In my case keeping 72,908K of memory in use.
Brian - thanks for testing. I assume this was all tested with 3.315, right?
It looks to me like the CM19A/TM751 is still not processing extended commands. That was supposed to have been fixed. I'll ask the developer to look at your post, and contact you if he needs to.

The iexplore thing is on the Bug List, and hasn't been fixed as of yet.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »

Yes 3.315.

Intro Wizard with a CM19A/TM751 minor quirk. Timer test should trigger the A1 light in 60 seconds. Was 30 seconds.

CM11A: Clear memory now OK.
Set Battery time {had batteries in CM11A}. Minor quirk or more resolution. 546:07:00. AH would set it to 500:00:00

Intro Wizard didn't work correctly but maybe trying things the CM11A can't do.
Timer Test failed. Sent extended data but the A1 SS LM465 didn't respond.
Macro Test also failed. Again extended data sent but no response from the LM465 on A1.
Didn't try RF tests as the CM11A doesn't do RF.

My tests with B1 and B2 for the CM11A Attached.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:43:23 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »

Well, I asked the developer to look at your post, and to get in touch with you if he needs to.
I'm reluctant to add these as true bugs, since they seem pretty minor (compared to some of the bigger things on the list), and probably won't affect as many people at this point.
I'd like to wait and see what he says first, though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.