Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220399 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »

Sounds like a good way to go.
Not sure why X10 even added the CM11A to AHP.
Maybe there is another boat load of CM11As en route to the US.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »

Sounds like a good way to go.
Not sure why X10 even added the CM11A to AHP.
Maybe there is another boat load of CM11As en route to the US.

Seems strange to me.  Serial ports are vanishing, several laptops don't even have them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

Has anyone tried using the CM11A with a USB-to-Serial adapter?
If there is a large inventory of leftover CM11A units, they may have updated AHP to try and sell them off.

I know there are a lot of third-party software packages, for a variety of operating systems, that use the serial port CM11A still.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »

I believe the CM11A used one of the handshakes. Ring Indicate.
That maybe why some USB to serial adapters work and others do not.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2011, 06:47:45 AM »

I added the new "Video Flicker" bug to the list.
At least two users reported it, and the steps provided to correct it did not work.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

I added the new "Video Flicker" bug to the list.
At least two users reported it, and the steps provided to correct it did not work.
Good News: The developers found the cause, and hope to have a fix out this week for this issue (yay!)

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, and I can't find other posts regarding this, but I may have found another bug.
  The scenario is:
I am using flag 9 as a condition in another timed macro to run IF flag 9 is NOT set, so...
1) created a dummy appliance module N9
2) created a simple macro, triggered by N9 OFF to clear flag 9
3) created another simple macro, triggered by N9 ON to set flag 9
4) module N9 gets turned off at dawn (using the timer function), that is supposed to clear flag 9.  This resets flag 9 to it's "normal" condition for the next day's "test"  (This is the only way I found to change the status of a flag with a time).
  While I was testing the flag 9 setting/clearing, I was using a palmpad (too lazy to get a wired command console).
THIS IS WHERE THE "BUG" IS.
   While watching the two macro's indicators in AHP, when I pressed the N9 "on" button on the palmpad, BOTH MACRO "INDICATORS" IN AHP LIT UP TOGETHER (flashed), and when I pressed the N9 "off" button on the palmpad, NEITHER macro "indicator" lit up....  HHMMMMMM...........
  HOWEVER..........
  When I did the same n9 on/off on a wired command console, the indicators acted correctly!!!
  I ran a status report in all of the situations, and the flag 9 is setting and clearing like it should, so AHP is processing the macros correctly, BUT the DISPLAY for the macros are not.
  The activity log shows the different commands processed (and they are different because
  the palmpad sends...........
n9 on          [no label on this step though]
n9 off          [no label on this step though]
  and the console sends
n9 (set flag 9 test)
n9 on (set flag 9 test)

and
n9 (set flag 9 test)
n9 off
      [no label on this step though]

Is this behavior normal or is this a known problem?
  The macros seem to function correctly, just the way the activity log is reporting is different, probably due to the way the palmpad sends the combined command and the console sends the partial command separately.
  I have noticed this with the wireless motion detectors also because the send the combined command.
  Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, and I can't find other posts regarding this, but I may have found another bug.
  The scenario is:
I am using flag 9 as a condition in another timed macro to run IF flag 9 is NOT set, so...
1) created a dummy appliance module N9
2) created a simple macro, triggered by N9 OFF to clear flag 9
3) created another simple macro, triggered by N9 ON to set flag 9
4) module N9 gets turned off at dawn (using the timer function), that is supposed to clear flag 9.  This resets flag 9 to it's "normal" condition for the next day's "test"  (This is the only way I found to change the status of a flag with a time).
  While I was testing the flag 9 setting/clearing, I was using a palmpad (too lazy to get a wired command console).
THIS IS WHERE THE "BUG" IS.
   While watching the two macro's indicators in AHP, when I pressed the N9 "on" button on the palmpad, BOTH MACRO "INDICATORS" IN AHP LIT UP TOGETHER (flashed), and when I pressed the N9 "off" button on the palmpad, NEITHER macro "indicator" lit up....  HHMMMMMM...........
  HOWEVER..........
  When I did the same n9 on/off on a wired command console, the indicators acted correctly!!!
  I ran a status report in all of the situations, and the flag 9 is setting and clearing like it should, so AHP is processing the macros correctly, BUT the DISPLAY for the macros are not.
  The activity log shows the different commands processed (and they are different because
  the palmpad sends...........
n9 on          [no label on this step though]
n9 off         [no label on this step though]
  and the console sends
n9 (set flag 9 test)
n9 on (set flag 9 test)

and
n9 (set flag 9 test)
n9 off
     [no label on this step though]

Is this behavior normal or is this a known problem?
  The macros seem to function correctly, just the way the activity log is reporting is different, probably due to the way the palmpad sends the combined command and the console sends the partial command separately.
  I have noticed this with the wireless motion detectors also because the send the combined command.
  Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks!
1. You shouldn't need the dummy module to trigger the macro. You can set timers on a macro directly.
2. I see the same behavior on my system (macros triggered by an "off" blink when an "on" is received for that command, and not when an "off" is received.
I'm adding it to the Bug List, and I'll mention it to the developers, but it sounds like it is only cosmetic. Those bugs are given the lowest priority, as the developers concentrate on the more urgent bugs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:17:38 PM by Noam »

pomonabill221

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »

DOH!!!
  Thanks Noam!  I had a senior moment!
  The think that threw me was that it needed a trigger (the macro) so I thought I needed a module for the trigger.
Other than that, I am glad (?) to see that I am not the only one that has seen the behavior of the on verses off.
  As long as it is only cosmetic, I can live with it.  It just throws me when I am trying to troubleshoot and verify!
 As long as the actual command is sent correctly!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:58:50 PM by pomonabill221 »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »

DOH!!!
  Thanks Noam!  I had a senior moment!
  The think that threw me was that it needed a trigger (the macro) so I thought I needed a module for the trigger.
Other than that, I am glad (?) to see that I am not the only one that has seen the behavior of the on verses off.
  As long as it is only cosmetic, I can live with it.  It just throws me when I am trying to troubleshoot and verify!
 As long as the actual command is sent correctly!
Thanks!

As far as I know, you still need to use a dummy module (of course, a real one would work, too!) to call one macro from within another macro. Unless that was fixed and I didn't notice it.

pomonabill221

« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »

As far as I know, you still need to use a dummy module (of course, a real one would work, too!) to call one macro from within another macro. Unless that was fixed and I didn't notice it.

Yes I realize that, but that is different than what I am trying to do.  I just wanted the macro to run at a certain time.
  IF I DID want to manually run the macro also, I would need a dummy module just to trigger the macro...  Hmmmm  maybe I WILL do that just in case!
Thanks!

Noam edited to fix the tags around the quote
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:00:47 AM by Noam »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »

No -
You ONLY need the dummy if you plan to call one macro from another.
Otherwise, it isn't needed.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »

AHP version 3.316 was just released. It is supposed to fix the "video flicker" bug.
Can someone please test this and confirm?
Also, if anyone can confirm the rest of the bugs in the "Reported Fixed" list, please report back here.

ssnui

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »

I'm still using 3.313 running on my WHS. After a week vacation, I returned home and surprised to see memory usage over 101K. I restarted the X10nets service, it's kind of hung and I have to use Task manager to kill it to restart. Three days later I check again and memory usage is over 107K. I attached the screencapture here.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

I'm still using 3.313 running on my WHS. After a week vacation, I returned home and surprised to see memory usage over 101K. I restarted the X10nets service, it's kind of hung and I have to use Task manager to kill it to restart. Three days later I check again and memory usage is over 107K. I attached the screencapture here.
Please only report bugs for current versions.
The memory leak was reported before and was looked into.
Current version is 3.316
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.