Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220401 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

I've found X10 Repair Depot to be very truthful in his posts considering he is an X10 employee. He would be the first person to post if that July date turned out to be false.

X10 Repair Depot IS very forth coming, but like he said earlier, "....X10 has had a very tough year....". And like you said..... "he is an X10 employee".

Launching a replacement for the CM15A with (assumably) new software, after what X10 has been through, is an unbelievably difficult task. I believe the July date is a "wish date". I stand by what I said; "cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath".  We'll settle this in July  :-*

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

See http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26297.0   
>>...we will be putting our resources into developing a new and better product to replace the CM15A, we hope to release the new item during the 2nd half of 2012"

2nd half statement could be up to Dec 31, 2012

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

True.   July starts the second half of the year.   I'm sure X10 Repair Depot will keep us posted.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »

New bug added:
 SDK sends multiple RF commands when connected to a CM19.
Programs created with the SDK send out multiple RF commands. This would effect dim/bright operation
Users running a CM15A don't experiance this.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gfriedman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2013, 04:15:46 AM »

Bug Fixed!!  In 3.318 AHP no longer crashes when you  add SC546A - though the module is now in OTHER not PRO.

-----------

* AHP crashes with a runtime error when adding an SC546A Chime Module from the "Pro Modules" category.
   (original version unknown, added 10/19/2011 by Noam)

gfriedman

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2013, 04:21:09 AM »

I don't see this reported bug.  By security sensor I presume motion detectors are included.  I have an MS13A that triggers a macro and it only runs once.  Maybe the problem is not in AHP but the particular module is sending multiple triggers.

------------

* Macros triggered by a security sensor are run twice, while macros triggered by a normal HC/UC are run only once.
   (v3.318, added 10/11/2011 by Noam)

gfriedman

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:13 AM »

This one is actually slightly worse than described in that every time you open Activity monitor it starts another iexplore process so if you open it 10 times you get 11 iexplore processes that never go away.

-------------------

* Opening the Activity Monitor starts two new iexplore.exe processes, without windows. They don't stop when you close AHP.
    (added 2/19/2011, confirmed still present in 3.318)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »

Bug Fixed!!  In 3.318 AHP no longer crashes when you  add SC546A - though the module is now in OTHER not PRO.

-----------

* AHP crashes with a runtime error when adding an SC546A Chime Module from the "Pro Modules" category.
   (original version unknown, added 10/19/2011 by Noam)

I know that I added this to the list on 10/19/2011, but I couldn't find the mention of adding it in the thread. I don't know how limited it was, but usually I would try to reproduce it before adding it, and I would try to reproduce it after each revision (especially if the developers marked it as having been fixed). I didn't add "confirmed still present in v3.318," so perhaps it did go away. If anyone else can confirm this still exists (or does not exist), I would appreciate it.

I don't see this reported bug.  By security sensor I presume motion detectors are included.  I have an MS13A that triggers a macro and it only runs once.  Maybe the problem is not in AHP but the particular module is sending multiple triggers.

------------

* Macros triggered by a security sensor are run twice, while macros triggered by a normal HC/UC are run only once.
   (v3.318, added 10/11/2011 by Noam)

If I remember correctly, these were the "security" modules, not the regular motion sensors. You needed to have the security plugin installed to interface with them. Since I didn't have any of those sensors or the plugin, I couldn't test it to confirm it one way or another.

This one is actually slightly worse than described in that every time you open Activity monitor it starts another iexplore process so if you open it 10 times you get 11 iexplore processes that never go away.

-------------------

* Opening the Activity Monitor starts two new iexplore.exe processes, without windows. They don't stop when you close AHP.
That was the intended point of the report. However, we haven't seen any development work on AHP since October of 2011, so I wouldn't hold your breath about these getting fixed any time soon.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »

-------------------

That another proof 3.318 is a full buggy version.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »

-------------------

Huh?

Version 3.306 was released on 2/14/2011.
I added this bug to the list on 2/19/2011.
Version 3.310 was released on 3/25/2011.

What does this have to do with 3.318?

gfriedman

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2013, 01:56:44 AM »

-------------------

Was there ever a bug-free version?   Really, almost any software will have bugs - just a matter of finding them.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »

Was there ever a bug-free version?   Really, almost any software will have bugs - just a matter of finding them.
Exactly! The goal is to fix more bugs than you create.
There were versions which introduced fewer bugs (and/or fixed more bugs), and there were versions with introduced more bugs (and/or fixed fewer).
You can see a partial list of what was added or fixed using the "Revision history" link in my signature. That was created much later, after the original AHP development team had left.
The "Bug List" (also linked in my signature) is another place to look for when certain bugs popped up, and when others were fixed. That also started only later on (and is therefore incomplete).

devedsmith

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »

Why isn't the "MSVCR100.DLL is missing" problem listed. It's popular on the forum and, well, google it.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

Why isn't the "MSVCR100.DLL is missing" problem listed. It's popular on the forum and, well, google it.
My guesses:
1. Because it isn't a true bug in AHP.
2. Because there has been no indication that they still have any developers working on AHP, so it isn't going to get fixed anyway.

devedsmith

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »

1. Would be fixed if they include the file in their 32 bit installer.
2. I totally agree. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.