Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: discription of hot button/areas on module icons  (Read 7655 times)

Adams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
discription of hot button/areas on module icons
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »

Ok - I looked and searched and have run out of hair to pull out so .................................

On the icons for my appliance modules there is a grey dot to the left of the 'switch'.
On some of my modules, this 'dot' is slightly larger and green and looks like it's glowing ( on ?? )

What in the name of soda crackers IT THAT THING ???
 I can find no description of it anywhere. Holding the cursor over it causes nothing ( as opposed
to other hot areas - clock, yellow square etc. - where you get some information )

and WHY when I click on the icon does it flip from greyish to orange/tan and back again if I click it
again !!

This stuff has got to MEAN SOMETHING but WHAT ???

Any help is appreciated by both me and my sanity ( what's left of it ) !!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: discription of hot button/areas on module icons
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:57:38 PM »

O.K.  More information is needed.  What version of AHP (ActiveHome Professional) are you running?  Any plug-ins?

BTW, that dot to the left of the switch (lamp or appliance module) tells you if the switch is OFF (no dot) or ON (green dot). 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »

On the icons for my appliance modules there is a grey dot to the left of the 'switch'.
On some of my modules, this 'dot' is slightly larger and green and looks like it's glowing ( on ?? )
On is correct. When that dot is green and looks like it's glowing, that means that AHP thinks the module is on.

Holding the cursor over it causes nothing ( as opposed
to other hot areas - clock, yellow square etc. - where you get some information )
The Yellow Sticky Note is to add a comment to that module (for your own reference).
The brown "H" is a history of the last few times the module was turned on/off/dimmed.
The globe (if you have MyHouse Online installed) is to prevent that module from showing up on the web interface (if you have/use it).
There is also a little "clock" icon, if you want to set or review a timer for that module. If the clock is green, that means there's a timer set for it already.

and WHY when I click on the icon does it flip from greyish to orange/tan and back again if I click it
again !!
If you click on anything that is not a button on the module (including those other "hot" areas mentioned), it "pops" out for focus. I do that when I need to keep a few things at attention for handy reference.

Any help is appreciated by both me and my sanity ( what's left of it ) !!
I hope all is well!  :)
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

Adams

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »

The release I'm running is 3.228

Thanks for the replies and information.

Interesting that on my modules, there is a 'dot' on the 'switch' itself that goes green if I
'turn the switch  on' and back to grey if the switch is 'turned off' - these are all 3 pin
appliance modules - this is independent of the grey/green dot, to the left of the switch'
mentioned  in my first post and that's what is odd.

duplicate indicator ??

And turning the module on or off does not change the grey/green dot to the left of the
switch and some of mine show 'glowing green' while others are grey regardless of the state
of the switch.

Understand now the color change for identification. Thanks.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »

And turning the module on or off does not change the grey/green dot to the left of the
switch and some of mine show 'glowing green' while others are grey regardless of the state
of the switch.
That is the correct behaviour. Unless you always turn your modules on and off through ActiveHome Pro or a remote, it will show the last state it "remembers". Sometimes that doesn't match up with what is actually turned on or off. This happens when I use my light switches, because they don't send information about themselves to the program.
 :)

Adams

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »

Thanks again -

I just tried that and you are absolutely correct.

If the CM15A is not connected, the 'dot to the left' show the state the switch was in the
last time the CM15A was connected.

Plugging in the CM15A and cycling ( turning off then on or the opposite ) caused the
'dot' to the left of the switch to behave as you had said earlier.

Really appreciate the help.     

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »

Thanks again - ...Really appreciate the help.     
You're welcome! Have fun and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask us. :D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.