Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard won't even start (but it used to)  (Read 7770 times)

kestrou

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard won't even start (but it used to)
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »

Noob here...  ;D

Got my box-o-stuff yesterday, then last night installed Vanguard on a laptop with Windows 7, hooked up the USB/video receiver and X10 remote and got two cameras working and with the handheld "remote" switching between each in full screen mode - all good, but was getting late so went to bed.

Today, turned on laptop and Vanguard won't start...

Both last night and today I get the prompt "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" regarding rundll32.exe - and, of course, I respond "Yes".

Last night, the program would then run; today, the program begins to appear in the task bar, but then disappears and isn't visible.  I *do* see x10nets.exe in the task manager.

I've done a full reboot - no effect.
I've completely de-installed Vanguard and then re-installed - no effect.
I've tried starting the program with the USB devices both connected and disconnected - no effect.

So, at this point I'm "dead in the water" as I can't get in to configure anything else. B:(

Help!

Kevin

devonmcb

Re: Vanguard won't even start (but it used to)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:18:19 AM »

Same with me, and I've installed on several computers (all Windows XP).   

I've also gone through X10's uninstall process that's on their wiki. 

When I install to a fresh computer, it works a while, then stops working.  Never to work again. 

asinblue

Re: Vanguard won't even start (but it used to)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »

too much bs with this vanguard software. I'm testing out iSpy. Its a free surveillance software at ispyconnect. you gotta pay for feature like emailing and stuff, but its free otherwise. i'm just trying to get it to work. It works with the Va11A and one camera so far on windows 7. But does not know what to with say a second camera signal. I need to figure that out or maybe another app will have to do. Just trying to get these damn cameras working since I paid so much for them. I don't want to acknowledge the fact they were a total waste of money.

I also ordered a wifi antenna that I am going to use to modify the wireless video receiver. I've read it can pick up multiple cameras without having to move the current antenna thats attached. I'm doing anything to get this crap to work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.