Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: To many active motion sensors killing timed events  (Read 2703 times)

dlloyd560

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
To many active motion sensors killing timed events
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »

I have a leopard 2 running my x10 system with timed and temp events. I have three motion sensors one in the bath upstairs and one in the bath downstairs controlling lights. I also have one in my kids playroom controlling the TV (they are always leaving it on). I'm having a problem with the time events not always working when the motion sensors are active(kids in the playroom someone is in the bath). The motion senors are putting so many X0 singals on the power lines that I think the leopard signals can't get through because when the motion sensors are not active everything works fine. So my question is there anyway to fix this without getting rid of the motion sensers. Is there an x10 motion senser that waits some time before sending on signal again.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: To many active motion sensors killing timed events
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »

The MS16A's that I have only send a series of signals once every 5-10 seconds.  When they do send, they repeat 3+ times with the same signal.  What are you using to transfer the RF signal to PLC?  If you are using TM751, there are a lot of reports that it crashes signals already on the power line.  The common recommendation is to use a different transceiver.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.