Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Recording problem solved, but Scanning won't stay on  (Read 23189 times)

guitard00d

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Recording problem solved, but Scanning won't stay on
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »

Well the recording problem has been solved by simply using a Y connector on the output of the video receiver and feeding it to a separate EasyCAP 4-Channel DVR interface from Amazon, only costs $10 and comes with its own software that utilizes video frame comparison to detect motion, and has a scheduler. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Channel-Video-Capture-Adapter/dp/B001M547EM

The software records in MPEG format, so the video files are much smaller than Vanguard's AVI files. Also, keep in mind that even though this EasyCAP unit claims to be 4 channel, it's only 4 channels of viewing, not 4 channels of recording. It only records one channel at a time. But hey, it's a $10 fix that solves Vanguard's shortcoming of being able to record any video without barfing.

However, this doesn't solve the camera channel scanning in Vanguard. For no explainable reason, when I click on the scan button, it will monitor 15 seconds of one camera, switch to the next camera, and the scanning turns off. Anybody got a fix for this?

Out of all the problems with Vanguard I see in these forums, I have to ask if the program ever worked correctly. If so, when and what were the specs of the system that it really ran on. I would simply switch to ActiveHome Pro with the iWatchOut plugin, but after this Vanguard experience, I don't know if I can trust that the other software is worth the money. Any input on ActiveHome Pro and iWatchOut would be more than welcome.

pnhildebrandt

Re: Recording problem solved, but Scanning won't stay on
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »

I have the same problem.  Everything seems to work fine with the cameras and Vanguard software except for the scanning.  I would like to be able to take snap shots on several different cameras but it only scans once and then stay on that camera.  I have tried the software on 4 different computers and have the same problem.  Obviously the scanning does not work.   Manually switching the cameras works fine.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »

I installed Vanguard this morning and can.t get any video...I do get it in AHP though. I was having problem with still capture features in AHP so I ordered the Va12a from X10 as I was using a 3rd party USB converter....Maybe it will work with the driver that Vanguard installs. (Althought I thought it would be the same used by AHP)

yeahman45

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

Well the recording problem has been solved by simply using a Y connector on the output of the video receiver and feeding it to a separate EasyCAP 4-Channel DVR interface from Amazon, only costs $10 and comes with its own software that utilizes video frame comparison to detect motion, and has a scheduler. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Channel-Video-Capture-Adapter/dp/B001M547EM

The software records in MPEG format, so the video files are much smaller than Vanguard's AVI files. Also, keep in mind that even though this EasyCAP unit claims to be 4 channel, it's only 4 channels of viewing, not 4 channels of recording. It only records one channel at a time. But hey, it's a $10 fix that solves Vanguard's shortcoming of being able to record any video without barfing.

However, this doesn't solve the camera channel scanning in Vanguard. For no explainable reason, when I click on the scan button, it will monitor 15 seconds of one camera, switch to the next camera, and the scanning turns off. Anybody got a fix for this?

Out of all the problems with Vanguard I see in these forums, I have to ask if the program ever worked correctly. If so, when and what were the specs of the system that it really ran on. I would simply switch to ActiveHome Pro with the iWatchOut plugin, but after this Vanguard experience, I don't know if I can trust that the other software is worth the money. Any input on ActiveHome Pro and iWatchOut would be more than welcome.

hi, srry to revive an old thread but i want to know what software/application do you use for scheduled recordings plz? can you just tell me the name of the software thx.. the one that came with my usb dongle does not have scheduling options :(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.