Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need more than 16 flags?  (Read 15506 times)

Alish

Re: Need more than 16 flags?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »

Very creative!

Another option is to just switch to iHouse!  An UNLIMITED number of flags, and allows flag "values" of anything you want, instead of just on or off!  It's open-source and available for download FREE at: http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=33

And Dave_x10_L, you're right about the monitoring! 

ITguy

ya iHouse solution is also the better option. They have unlimited number of flags, and there is also no restriction to catch values of anything. Nice link. Thanks for sharing it here.

ErikP

Re: Need more than 16 flags?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »

Technically no matter what software you have, there is still only 16 flags physically in the CM15A.  I don't have anything to do with iHouse but I would bet their flags work more like Noam's environment variables suggestion than AHP's flags, and need the computer connected to the controller to function.

The binary count works if you need to track state instead of a series of flags.  you could use 4 flags to set up 2 binary values with 4 states each (00, 01, 10, 11).  You have to fully verify the state of each flag used as a bit when you check, and you can't reuse the same flags/bits across multiple states, but otherwise the idea is sound.  Not everyone's conditions can benefit from this type of compression but I'm sure at least a few can.  The tricky part is recognizing when you are really saving bits, and when you are just lumping conditions.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.