Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)  (Read 82846 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 271
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
Re: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »

I'm verry impressed with my current home automation setup.  I use Amazon Alexa exclusively now though both Corona and Google are still I
configuered. My HomeGenie sever on a pi handles all my current needs and I'm finding it harder to imagine other possible things to add. In fact being retired I've actualy removed some automation (timers & macros). My pc still runs 24/7 but handles no automation  ::) :' so not sure why I leave it on. I do use the PC for surfing, forum posting and veiwing HG. However I find myself doing of this more each day from my phone.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:21:39 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 271
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »

Severe weather Alerts have always been part of my HA setup (more so at my off grid place). These can trigger many things though in the city I use them more in the winter for anti freezing routines. Today I read about having Alexa warn me of severe weather so I just had to get her involved rofl.
To enable the feature say "Alexa warn me of severe weather" do this to each device you wish to hear the warnings announced from. She will reply with "ok I'll warn you of severe weather in (Your city name)" and tell you how to disable the feature
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 174
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2020, 09:21:22 AM »

…. Today I read about having Alexa warn me of severe weather so I just had to get her involved …..

Alexa.... reminds me of my grandchildren. Clever, and cute, and growing up almost overnight. I never know what to expect next. Amazon's Alexa programing is top-notch, world-class, technically and creatively the best-of-the-best. Alexa is going to be.... a very impressive lady when she grows-up.

I won't put all my [automation] eggs in just one [collective brand] basket. I think of my setup more as several independent setups... integrated by the Amazon Alexa app. And more and more.... Alexa has (also) been my go-to for my home automation. 

Of course... Amazon (Jeff Bezos) has made billions off this home automation tech. And many... will find the job/wealth producing profits... to be unacceptable and scary. But isn't that the way it always works? 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:27:58 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.